Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on this thread, I saw some treads on hard wiring a oem hu with a PIE LD1 2-channel adjustable line. My question is, do i really need a amplified PIE or can i use regular non-amplified PIE? Now hard wiring my xm to my oem hu, where can i hook up my power wire from my xm to? On Sammy Sandbag's wire diagram it say to hook up the supplied inline fuse from the PIE to a violet colored wire 12v AAC wire. Can i hook up the power wire from my xm to that same violet wire? I hope you guys get what i'm talking about.
Thanx for your replies.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome, 07!

I'm sure someone with a newer model will chime in soon, but the aux port on my '04 is severely underpowered. I had to use a powered one to get good volume out of my Sirius unit, but I think I recall that an improvement was made to newer models. There are a lot of electrical/sound guys on here, so I'm sure they'll give you some input on your other question as well.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have an 06. The aux input level is much better on the newer radios. I had an 04 and the aux level input required a pre-amp such as the PIE unit to produce sufficient volume. Connecting directly to the aux input on the 07 should not require any additional amplification - try it and see!

A convenient place to obtain power for your XM is the plug for the factory satellite receiver. If you look under the dash, just above the brake pedal arm you will see a plug that is just hanging there - this is the plug for the factory satellite radio. In that harness is both a permanent 12 vdc wire and a switched 12 vdc wire (use a voltmeter to find the correct wire). To make connections for my xm, I stripped about 1/4 inch of insulation from one end of a piece of #18 solid wire and poked it into the appropriate socket on the plug - one wire for permanent DC and another for switched. I soldered the other end of each of those wires to the stranded wire connected to the xm box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts