Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner and an AEM Brute Force CAI. Has anybody used these, doesn't matter if used together or not. If so what did you think of them and what kind of gains did you get (MPG/HP). I believe the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner was formerly known as the Power Pup, anybody know?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just got My BDGT 2 days ago and it really Wakes the Titan up.....u can really feel the difference especially with the WOT restriction off and the +2 degree timing adjust....it is sweet U will love it

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I did allot of reading on here last night, up till about 1230. Sounds like the BDGT is pretty damn sweet. Same with the Brute Force CAI. I have one Question about the BDGT though............does it improve MPG, that is my main goal, but I am sure I will love the added power also. One more thing, which one should I do first CAI or BDGT???

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I did allot of reading on here last night, up till about 1230. Sounds like the BDGT is pretty damn sweet. Same with the Brute Force CAI. I have one Question about the BDGT though............does it improve MPG, that is my main goal, but I am sure I will love the added power also. One more thing, which one should I do first CAI or BDGT???
It can if U want it too i guess....SOme ppl claim up to +2MPG..There is also a Driving Coach feature that teaches u to drive more efficiently and shows u on the screen MPG increase or decrease depending on yur driving.... Me....I get an "F" everytime cuz I FLOOOOR IT..lol....With WOT and +2* I figure i drive a TRUCK so MPG went out the door when i bought the damn thing so I Flooooor it any chance i get :eyebrow: lol,...thats jus me...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It can if U want it too i guess....SOme ppl claim up to +2MPG..There is also a Driving Coach feature that teaches u to drive more efficiently and shows u on the screen MPG increase or decrease depending on yur driving.... Me....I get an "F" everytime cuz I FLOOOOR IT..lol....With WOT and +2* I figure i drive a TRUCK so MPG went out the door when i bought the damn thing so I Flooooor it any chance i get :eyebrow: lol,...thats jus me...

Well I drove a built jeep cherokee up until about 2 weeks ago so MPG isnt that important but I would like to improve on what I am getting if at all possible. The heep got around 11 MPG so if I can beet that I will be happy. i haven't even put the Titan through a tank of gas yet so we will see how it is doing in about a half a tank.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fuel mileage is all relative to how heavy your right foot is. A lot of people see the advertised MPG gains from manufactures of aftermarket high performance parts and think they can install the product and then go out, drive the truck harder to take advantage of the increased performance of the go-fast part and then get mad because their mileage not only didn't increase but in most cases decreases.

Sure - aftermarket go fast parts that claim mileage gains in most cases will indeed increase mileage but you have to drive it with increased mileage in mind. Think of the saying "you cant have your cake and eat it to".

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yep this is all true the right foot is the mpg saver. I get an average of 13 with the bdpp. Sometimes when i try i can get 14.5 but thats too hard so 13 is the funner mpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I am just going to start with the brute force and go form there. Thanks for all the help fellas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts