Attachments

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Another one here. 35/12.5R17 Kumhos

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
But you'll most likely need to lose the mudflaps... at least on the front.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Possibly. Depends on the width of the tire you run.. and the wheel offset. Stock wheels, you may get away without it if you don't go over a 305.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I didn't have to do the pinch weld mod to get my 35's to fit. I just had to remove the front mud flaps. The tired did rub on the fender liner @ full lock though. But just slightly. Not enough to be concerned about.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
jbaltimore said:
OK. I got toyo mt 35 12.4-17 on 17 in mojaves.
That combo will not fit with just a leveling kit. I have been told that Toyo's run big, and with the offset of the Mojaves, it WILL rub HARD. I had to put on my glass fenders to clear my tires when I got my Mojaves. And I only had 315/70R17 BFG's. Which are basically a 34" tire.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i was thinking the same thing but with 20x10 wheels hopefully the xd rockstars and either nitto terra grapplers , toyo open country, mickey thompson atz, procomp xtreme all terrians, or even those cooper all terrian from discount tires. but all with the same approx size of 35x12x20 will i need the pinch weld mod. and how hard will it rub? also is prg the best leveler how is ncd and stillen

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
i was thinking the same thing but with 20x10 wheels hopefully the xd rockstars and either nitto terra grapplers , toyo open country, mickey thompson atz, procomp xtreme all terrians, or even those cooper all terrian from discount tires. but all with the same approx size of 35x12x20 will i need the pinch weld mod. and how hard will it rub? also is prg the best leveler how is ncd and stillen
The thing with leveling kits is if you want aftermarket rims AND want to run 35's, you need to be really careful. The OEM wheels are 17X7.5 with over 5" backspacing. That's why people can get away with running a 35" tire with just a leveling kit. Most aftermarket wheels are wider AND have less backspacing. Thus pushing the outside lip of the rim out of the wheel well farther. Combine that with a 35" tire and you will most likely rub. There's only so much inner fender and pinch weld that you can remove. Not to mention the fender itself.

You should find a wheel place local to you that will let you test fit different combinations before you buy. That way you don't end up like I did.

As for leveling kits, PRG has great customer service, and that's why so many here buy from him. He will go out of his way to make a customer happy. NCD I know nothing about. STAY AWAY FROM THE STILLEN KIT THOUGH!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts