Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 SE CC with the factory sprayed-in liner and the color is faded to a light gray. I'm still under warranty. I'm looking to get it repaired but before I did, I wanted to see if any of you guys have had it done yet. If you have, how did it turn out? I sometimes wonder if I should just leave well enough alone seeing as how it's only a coloration issue. I've read on other threads that the dealer sent the truck to a Line-X installer to have the factory liner completely removed and a new one installed. I'm certain it's not worth going to those lengths but the TSB repair doesn't sound as in-depth. Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I took mine in to the dealer for the same issue, in addition to some other warranty work prior to the warranty expiring. They said they would handle it, but I would need to leave the truck for 2 weeks! Apparently they were going to have to flatbed the truck about 60 miles to a PPG authorized repair shop to do the repair. I told them that I thought that 2 weeks was absurd, and they said they'd look into making the wait shorter. In the meantime, I went to pickup the truck after the warranty repair, and their detail guys had done me a "favor" and Armor All'ed the whole bed to make it look better........

I told them that they had now likely diminished the chances of the repair working properly, since Armor All is a bear to remove and inhibits adhesion.

Long story short, after calling around to local bedliner shops and getting quotes to remove the Armor All and re-apply a bedliner, I got the dealer to write me a check for $500 and call it good!

(I'm happy with that, the bedliner isn't bubbling or coming up, just turning a milky white in places, and I must admit that the Armor All made it look darn good. I'll just Armor All it prior to sale :) )

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Mine is starting to look milky too.
But it's a truck.
I haul motors and firewood, etc.
I guess I'm just going to ignore it.
Otherwise, I think a fogged on coat of flat black would probably fix it pretty easily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had my 2004 tsb performed in 2005 still looks good.but look at your track lock system for strip bolts or fading from washing with degreasing agents.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hate to sound neagative but....... they would have screwed something up so I figure I was better off to leave it alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts