Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have one added, but the installer at Circut city said that there may be a problem with the "muting" of the system through the amp. I offerd to pay them to just try and he turned me down. Any ideas?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2004-7 Titans RF sound systems don't have the software to know what to do with the mute signal although it can be wired in. The alternative is having to get a relay to turn the amp off when the bluetooth system kicks in. '08 Titan with RF come with bluetooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. So I would have to buy a system with a built in speaker, and just manually turn the volume down?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had a small speaker mounted above the drivers footwell. It works well, sound quality is decent I can carry on a conversation with the windows down up to about 40mph. No mute feature but I like to have music on low anyway.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I think there is a install kit that allows full mute/speaker usage:

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

go to vehicle, and find the Titan.
I'm looking for the excact same thing for my truck, so please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Someone did a write up on this a while back. I saved the picture from their install about what was the proper wire to tap into, but I did not save the thread (that I can find). I think it was on the parrot bluetooth install. Do a search on that and see what comes up would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O.K. I have an update. Thanks for all of your help. I tooko my truck in this morning (1/21)to talk to a pro at Custom sounds hear in Austin and he said "no problem". All that they had to do is tap into the output side of the amp instead of the input side. It functions the same, mutes perfectly and works better than I expected. It did take a little longer than a typical plug in install, but it was worth it. I travel alot (hence an LE 4X4 with literally everything you can get) comfort is very important. this phone system is a must if you don't feel like buying an 08.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Which model Parot did you go with, and does the incoming call come thru the stereo speakers?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sent this as PM to Simpson but thought others might help, or find it interesting.

I think I might have a crappy install and would like advice if you have it.

I just bought, I think, the 6500 model. (Blue oled display with wireless remote)
With your install, do ALL of your speakers play the call, and do all speakers mute?

On my install, I was told the Parrot has only two outs, and therefore only two of the 10 speakers could play the call. I opted for the left dash, and door speaker, which I hate because I had it in stereo on my old Honda.
I didnt go with two dash speakers because it would likely have sounded way too thin.
So now I have it in mono, basically.
I think they tried the hookup to the output, but it caused an ugly 'pop!' in the system when muting.
Can you give more details about your install and whether or not there is a 'pop'. And with my install, I still have audio coming from the sub and the center dash because, I was told, that the mute feature only covers so many speakers (4?). That part is okay because I can still have tunes playing in the background while on a call.

Also, I bought a harness from a guy in California to make install easy, but once installed, the box that came with it, had a short which made all sorts of noise, I instead went with a hardwire install, assuming I would have the Titan a while and would upgrade the parrot like I did this time, if I bought another vehicle.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a 2004 LE loaded and installed a Parrot 3100. I used the QCHBB-NI
from Quick Connect Products. The Parrot works fine and all speakers mute BUT, the QCHBB-NI causes a very load annoying click when turning on and off. I talked to Quick Connect and they sent me a new one. Had the same problem. This time Quick Connect told me I am on my own. The handsfree works great, but I cannot take this click from the QCHBB-NI anymore. I am looking for another cable interface that will work better. I was very disappointed in Quick Connect Products about their problem product and lack of support.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 LE loaded and installed a Parrot 3100. I used the QCHBB-NI
from Quick Connect Products. The Parrot works fine and all speakers mute BUT, the QCHBB-NI causes a very load annoying click when turning on and off. I talked to Quick Connect and they sent me a new one. Had the same problem. This time Quick Connect told me I am on my own. The handsfree works great, but I cannot take this click from the QCHBB-NI anymore. I am looking for another cable interface that will work better. I was very disappointed in Quick Connect Products about their problem product and lack of support.

Check out Parrot Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kits and Plug N' Play Harness Adapters - Home, they have a harness available for Fosgate systems that does not have the popping,clicking noise. You will need to email them or call as I believe the harness is a special order and is not on their site.

·
Premium Member
59,069 Posts
Which model Parot did you go with, and does the incoming call come thru the stereo speakers?
I have a Parrot 3100 installed in an 06 SE with the 6 disk (non RF) sound system. The sound comes through all of the speakers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Rockford Fosgate Amp is subject to pops when the audio source is changed when using a Parrot bluetooth hands-free/music kit. I'm looking for someone with the RF audio system to try a new Parrot interface box with active filtering we are just releasing. You must have the Rockford system and be willing to try the interface within 10 days of receipt to receive it for free (regularly $149). Parrot kit not included but we can provide a Parrot 3200 or Parrot MKi9200 music kit at a good price. Contact me at howard @ quickconnectproducts.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Has anyone installed a Bluetooth Parrot on Fosgate system?

I'm still looking for one Titan owner with Rockford Fosgate system to try our new advanced Parrot interface. If you are able to install within 7 days in order to give us prompt feedback, I'll provide the QCHBC plug and play interface for free (regularly $149) and a Parrot MKi9200 handsfree bluetooth music kit (with iPod/iPhone interface) for just $200 plus shipping. This will give you a hands-free bluetooth carkit plus multiple music sources including iPhone/iPod with charging, SD Card, USB dongle, AUX in jack, or wireless A2DP music streaming from the phone. See Parrot PARROT MKi9200 - MKi series
for more info on the Parrot MKi9200 for info on the Parrot kit itself

Howard
www.quickconnectproducts.com
e-mail me at howard @ quickconnectproducts.com without the spaces
again, your radio must have the Rockford logo and you must be willing to install within 7 days and provide feedback

·
Registered
205 Posts

I'm still looking for one Titan owner with Rockford Fosgate system to try our new advanced Parrot interface. If you are able to install within 7 days in order to give us prompt feedback, I'll provide the QCHBC plug and play interface for free (regularly $149) and a Parrot MKi9200 handsfree bluetooth music kit (with iPod/iPhone interface) for just $200 plus shipping. This will give you a hands-free bluetooth carkit plus multiple music sources including iPhone/iPod with charging, SD Card, USB dongle, AUX in jack, or wireless A2DP music streaming from the phone. See Parrot PARROT MKi9200 - MKi series
for more info on the Parrot MKi9200 for info on the Parrot kit itself

Howard
www.quickconnectproducts.com
e-mail me at howard @ quickconnectproducts.com without the spaces
again, your radio must have the Rockford logo and you must be willing to install within 7 days and provide feedback

SDGuy,
I have interest in this offer. I have a 2006 LE Titan 4WD that I am looking to get a seamless Iphone kit installed into.

PM me with all the details.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks for the inquiry. A forum member took me up on this last month and the results were excellent, so the QCHBC-NI harness for Rockford Fosgate is now available on request by calling our office at 1-888-8-CARKIT. Any of the Parrot models can be used with this harness for a plug and play install.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Howard (SDGUY) is a stand-up guy. Just spoke with him about ordering this new harness.

I had the older model QCHBB-NI a few years ago and couldn't stand the pop, so they took it back and refunded my money without me having to ask. Now the replacement model that is supposed to contain the pop is on the way.

I've been thru hell and back trying to get good sound out of my Parrot CK-3100. I had been using it with the speaker out of my old Nokia kit, and could never get the volume loud enough. This weekend, I replaced that with a powered speaker, but, since the Parrot doesn't output line-level, I get very badly clipped and distorted sound. Hopefully, this will solve my problems.

I'll post a full review once I get it installed.

Dan

·
Registered
236 Posts
As promised, here's the followup on my QuickConnect Products QCHBC-NI w/ the Parrot CK-3100.

I called Howard last week to order. He said that they didn't have harnesses for my model of Parrot, but he'd make one up. It would be a couple of days. Lo and behold, I got a shipping notification that afternoon, and had it in my hands on Friday. Did the install on Saturday, and it has definitely made up for the shortcomings of the earlier model. There is still a pop when it switches between the HU and the Parrot, but it is not bad at all. I also notice a slight alternator whine, but it is not any worse than what I get thru my AUX in jack (which is boosted w/ a PIE line driver, and has a cheap RS ground-loop isolator in-line).

The hardest part of the install was tearing out the places where I previously spliced my kit in, including the relay that I had installed to kill the amp on the stereo. Without all of that, it would have been truly plug and play. I DID make a mistake in (not) setting the "mode" switch on the QCHBC correctly, but once I fixed that, pure bliss. That's what I get for not reading directions.

One word of advice - I backed the two level dials on the QCHBC back just a hair off of full. I would like to get my volume on the Parrot just a shade louder, so, I will have to crack open the dash one more time to fix that.

All in all, it's a great product. It's not cheap, but it makes for VERY nice install.

Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts