Nissan Titan Forum banner

Has anyone repainted there Titan interior?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BAD 24/7 
#1 ·
I recently bought some duplicolor Vinyl and Cloth paint to redo my door panels. I have 3 kids, a 2005 Nissan Titan that I bought at the time brand new. But after 6 years, my interior is looking pretty bad. Thanks to my kids and there little cousins.

I painted one of my door panels and it actually looks pretty good. I have the grey interior and I'm repainted the door panels completely black, gloss black to be exact. The only problem that I'm having is the scracthes on the panels are showing. I wet sanded it with 800 grit and it felt smooth. But after I cleaned it up and painted it, you can really see the scratches pretty good, especially with the black. Anyway to get rid of the scratches?

I was also thinking of repainting all the removable plastic pieces with it. The paint itself works nice. I might paint my carpet with it, I steam cleaned it but some dirt stains, and some spilled drinks just wont come off, will it be a good idea?

If you have already done this, please share your experience and pictures so that someone like me, and I know there are others in here that are thinking about doing the same thing.

#2 ·
Im in the same boat my 06 interior is a mess I have a 2, and 4 yr old and a dog.. The T is our primary vehicle so it gets beat every weekend... I know Rey(Urthemaster) painted his and they look ok, maybe he can provide more info...

#4 ·
I completely understand you. I have 3kids and a dog. My girls are 6 and 4 and my son just turned 1. The Titan is our only vehicle and the usage as taken its toll. There are no rips or broken parts, it just needs a new face lift. I wanted to post a picture of the door I painted, but I can't get it to post.

#3 ·
I would love to do this! I have a almond interior in my truck so it would be hard to make it match the rest of the truck.

#12 ·
looks GREAT! what did you use? how did you prep? and do you think if I sanded mine, i would get a smooth surface?

#7 ·
looks good, I thought you painted the fabric and the seats....

I think for those parts you can either spray primer (several passes) or krylon fusion (paint for plastic )and than smooth it out with the 1000 grid sand piper and finish it with Automotive paint...

#8 ·
I'm thinking about testing the paint on my carpet first before I do my seats. I want to see if it can really stick to the carpet and really form with it or if its going to get hard and stiff. If it works out than I might do my seats, but that in itself will require a lot of paint and time. Guess I'll make it into a weekend project. It took me awhile to prep just one door panel for painting.

#9 ·
For your carpets get paint dye, the sell it in a can, which will work, just google it, but I think duplicolor makes it.

#10 ·
Lot of guys have painted the Radio Bezel and virtually any other pull off piece. Results have been surprisingly good, and I've seen some in person many years ago. Try some searching for "Painted Interior" or such, on this site. Also, notice some threads will show up at the bottom of this page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.