Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get another inch or two out of my front to sit level if not a little higher in the front.

I already have the bilstein 5100's set on the lowest setting with 08+ 4x4 springs. I never get CB contact. I'm looking into getting the rough country leveling kit that comes with the UCA's and a 3" lift spacer.

I'm pretty sure it does'nt lift exactly 3", probably a little less. Is it possible to add the spacer on top of the bilstein 5100's (on lowest setting with 08+ 4x4 springs) without having any issues? With the new UCA provided with the kit im pretty sure i would'nt have any CB contact issues.

I'm sure this is a long shot, just seeing if anyone has done this before...

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
I'm looking to get another inch or two out of my front to sit level if not a little higher in the front.

I already have the bilstein 5100's set on the lowest setting with 08+ 4x4 springs. I never get CB contact. I'm looking into getting the rough country leveling kit that comes with the UCA's and a 3" lift spacer.

I'm pretty sure it does'nt lift exactly 3", probably a little less. Is it possible to add the spacer on top of the bilstein 5100's (on lowest setting with 08+ 4x4 springs) without having any issues? With the new UCA provided with the kit im pretty sure i would'nt have any CB contact issues.

I was just talkin to Royjl42. He has a pro4x. He has the bilsteins on top? middle? setting with the rc kit....unless i'm remembering wrong. I cant find the thread where he told me that, im lookin though.

Found it.... they give actually quite a bit more than u'd think...my front setup now is the 5100's on the middle setting with the 3" rc...i mean ya i still get contact on majoy bumps but for now it looks boss lol...it wont stay like this cause something is bound to break down the line but i mean thats really the first time i have really offroaded with this setup and it was bangin all over the place lol...but those r still the same 35's from the last 6"
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...9915-what-did-you-do-your-titan-today-44.html

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wish I could answer this 100% correctly because I can't remember if my bilsteins were on the lowest or middle setting when I added my 1.5" spacer (pro4x coils included). Either way, when I added it...the UCA literally rested on my CB (with a grinded lip). I'm running the middle setting with pro4x coils and its been good to me.

If you have the time I would try to add the spacer. It's like cake for me to take the strut off nowadays.

Reactions: RollinPresidential

·
Registered
14,146 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i remember when i first got the bilsteins, i had to try them on each setting before i finally decided on which one looked the best.

Im just wondering if the RC UCA will allow me to run that much lift. I figure the set up would equal about 5" of lift between the bilsteins on lowest setting with 08+ 4x4 springs and the 3" spacer. I remember somewhere on PRG's website that one of their coilovers provides that much lift and can be safely run at 5" with aftermarket UCA's.

I might just have to stop BSing and get coilovers, i just dont want to have to deal with them leaking or anyother problems i have heard of them having

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yeah, i remember when i first got the bilsteins, i had to try them on each setting before i finally decided on which one looked the best.

Im just wondering if the RC UCA will allow me to run that much lift. I figure the set up would equal about 5" of lift between the bilsteins on lowest setting with 08+ 4x4 springs and the 3" spacer. I remember somewhere on PRG's website that one of their coilovers provides that much lift and can be safely run at 5" with aftermarket UCA's.

I might just have to stop BSing and get coilovers, i just dont want to have to deal with them leaking or anyother problems i have heard of them having
there was a thread on here a while back about a guy who got the RC arms and tried running something similar to what you are doing. I too was looking into the arms until he posted pics with the result being it still contacted:

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
That sucks^^^ As for the set up with c/o's and ucas...freakin 1600 bucks. So expensive. I'm tryin to find some cheaper uca's cause honestly 600 seems alot. You guys should talk to nickw619, he has dirtking fabrication, maybe if he gets some more orders in for tubed uca's he'll build mine faster hahaha :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
That sucks^^^ As for the set up with c/o's and ucas...freakin 1600 bucks. So expensive. I'm tryin to find some cheaper uca's cause honestly 600 seems alot. You guys should talk to nickw619, he has dirtking fabrication, maybe if he gets some more orders in for tubed uca's he'll build mine faster hahaha :)
Nick does some great work...how much is he running for a pair of UCA's?

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
PM'd you^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
785 Posts

before you spend the money on a leveling kit, put the 5100's on the middle notch. this should not affect the uca as this only adds preload. i would ask around to make sure this will work. i think from the bottom to the middle will give you about 1.5"

Reactions: RollinPresidential

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
rollinpres just found this thread honda and i were talkin bout this the other night...i am running (for now) the 5100's on the middle perch (1.5" of lift) and my 3" rc spacer with rc uca's (it will give you 3" of lift) so all in all its basically a 4.5" lift kit. it will change your angle on your cv's and possibly rip your boot...mine just ripped but i also had a 6" bracket on for a time but just sold it thinking i didnt like the truck lifted so much...i cant wait to get another bracket lift lol. the setup will work. well at least it did for me. just4theday also ran this setup a while back with no probs. i dont have cb contact unless im doing some serious offroadin. but like greg says each truck is fabed different from the factory. i was tellin honda that my drivers side doesnt come close to hitting the cb with the rc uca's it actually hits the little cross member bracket under where the uca bolts to b4 the cb (b4 i cut a notch out lol) and the pass side just barely grazes the cb...its just a rougher ride without the full suspension travel due to the lack of movement in the cv axle and also tie rods. but if you flip them and switch sides like if you were installing a bracket lift this gets rid of that prob. up to you on runnin the setup with the things i listed for possible probs. let us know if u do it and how it all worked out (if it does due to our trucks all being diff)

2011-04-10_12-51-19_12.jpg 5100's middle setting and 3"rc w/rc uca's. rear is stock. 35/12.50/18's

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im 2 wheel drive so no CV axle issues. I think i will look a little more into this and see what happens, worst case scenario i end up getting coilovers and new UCA's so i can play a round with the height from there. Im not to interested in spending another $1000 for 1-2 inches of lift....im already around 9"-10" of lift so a few more just isnt worth it to me unless its relatively inexpensive or will give me a better ride in the process.

I dont mind sitting a little Cali-style or leveled, i just cant stand sitting lower in the front. for some reason after i put on the new 37's it always looks that way to me...maybe its just me.

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I wanna switch to 5100's as well, i currently have the rough country 3" leveling kit with uca. My struts are starting to sag a bit and its raked which really chaps my ***. I would love to just throw the 5100s on in the front and call it a day but I need to know some info before i buy like, what setting should i run, is it gonna have a safe cv angle at full droop or hard bumps, cb contact, should i just downgrade to a smaller spacer like the 2''? What i really am looking for is to have 4" - 4.5" in the front so i can run a 1" block and new shocks in the rear and have it leveled out.

any info would be awesome guys,

-Dave

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
I wanna switch to 5100's as well, i currently have the rough country 3" leveling kit with uca. My struts are starting to sag a bit and its raked which really chaps my ***. I would love to just throw the 5100s on in the front and call it a day but I need to know some info before i buy like, what setting should i run, is it gonna have a safe cv angle at full droop or hard bumps, cb contact, should i just downgrade to a smaller spacer like the 2''? What i really am looking for is to have 4" - 4.5" in the front so i can run a 1" block and new shocks in the rear and have it leveled out.

any info would be awesome guys,

-Dave
You could do a hat flip on some saw's and UCA's. but than again another 1600 bucks. plus the block and shocks. prg has a couple packages like this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts