Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at work today, it was casual Friday and and the conversation veered towards how much my co-worker paid for his 'True-Religion' jeans? How much did he pay? 400 bucks!..
I said "Man, I could buy an Injen CAI for the cost of those"!!! Everyone looked at me strangely. He said he had a couple pairs at home. I said, "Boy, I could actually buy some SAW coil-overs and Icon shocks for that". Needless to say, they were speechless....:)

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
lol same here $70 is the range...lol you know all those $400 jeans give him a ticket to hang out with the hot chicks since them girls know about those jeans but other then that he aint getting non...lol

·
Banned
252 Posts
Where do you work and are they hiring is the question we should all be asking. That is way to much for a pair of jeans, I would not pay over $70 for some jeans.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep in mind this guy is single, does not own a Titan or have a mortgage...btw, I was wearing gap jeans, like 20 bucks on sale...saving up for my mods....

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
$400!!!! I don't get it. Give me a good old pair of Levi's for $40 to $50 and I am a happy camper. Then again some people looked at me a little funny when I put wheels and tires on my T.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
LOL! I think that's SO stupid that people would pay that much for a pair of jean's. All your paying for is to have some clothes designer's name on your a$$. I could have a new set of tires for that...people spend money on some stupid stuff sometimes. That's mainly why i've stuck to the "functional" mod's for my T. My 22"s came w/ the truck. Can't see spending $100's of dollar's on a grille. LOL

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Hell, have you guys seen the ragged jeans they're selling for upwards of $60-80? I mean, look at this poor young girl!

I've thrown out better looking jeans than most of those! Makes me just wanna throw her down and tear those shabby old things right off of her! :huh:

And hell, if I can't find a good sale on Levi's with a buy one, get one, I don't even bother!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Members Mark Jeans are $12.50 at Sam's, of which I have several pair that fit and look fine. I am not in the same class as those that can afford $400 jeans.
Or those that wear $900 tennis shoes to work in a men's shelter and carry a $6,000 purse like Michele Obama.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Sadly, I have done that also... I bought the $12 a pair jeans at BJ's wholesale club... They looked fine to me...

Problem is that they are indeed, less well made. The seams and thread started coming apart within a year of owning them... To me, that's bad... I have some Wrangler and Levi's jeans that are 5 or 6 years old and still aren't coming apart.

I steer clear of the "bargain basement" stuff in those warehouse markets. It's there cuz it's cheap, not because it's just inexpensive.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sadly, I have done that also... I bought the $12 a pair jeans at BJ's wholesale club... They looked fine to me...

Problem is that they are indeed, less well made. The seams and thread started coming apart within a year of owning them... To me, that's bad... I have some Wrangler and Levi's jeans that are 5 or 6 years old and still aren't coming apart.

I steer clear of the "bargain basement" stuff in those warehouse markets. It's there cuz it's cheap, not because it's just inexpensive.....
For $12 I would still buy those jeans , use them for a year and then throw them away. I wouldn't feel bad about them. Shoes on the other hand is a different story.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Well, that's just not that smart... At the Levi Outlet in any of the malls/outlet centers around here... Levi's are $30-40 each... Around BTS and Christmastime, they run sales of BUY ONE, GET ONE! So why would you pay $12 for a pair that you will throw out in a year when you can pay $15 for a pair that you will have for 5-10 years? :huh:

Join the crowd of American sheeple... :rofl:

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
i get all my jeans at old navy. $25ish a pair and last a long time. i like the loose fitting jeans.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Sheeple? Hmmm... :)

I love to stop at Truck Stops while traveling. Lots of Chrome Lights, CB Antennas, Switches etc. Well, last time in June, I found Jeans on an Irregular rack. I bought 2 pair for $7.49 each, and one of them was a Wranglers brand. Still can't find what is irregular about them either!

BTW, my daughter recently bought a $75 pair of ripped Jeans. That mistake will not happen again in this household. I made that very clear! After all, $75 can buy a nice Titan mod. Yeah, I shared that bit of info too at the same time.

Sometimes you just gotta laugh. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What I thought was funny was the way my co-workers looked at me when I told them I could put a sweet cold air intake into the truck for that price, or a new suspension....they thought I was from Mars or Pluto...."you would do what? to a truck?".......different strokes for different folks I guess....I rather have a PRG suspension then a couple pairs of jeans...or 'designer' sunglasses or 'Jim Choo' shoes....they did not comprehend my thought process....

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
even im a girl.. and i wont spend over $60 for jeans... now... purses on the other hand.... hmm.. but yet again.. my mom wanted to buy me a new purse.. and i asked her for exhaust instead... welll my mom thought i was crazy and bought me the $250 dollar purse... and i still have no exhaust...

but. maybe you should tell that guy.. save his money.. go to nordstrom rack... they sell true religion jeans between $100-$200 bucks... sometimes even cheaper...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Ummmmm.......those jeans that cost $400 shows that you have so much money, that you use $1 bills to clean your a$$ with. I'm sorry, I"m a car dude....I see that money in a tonno cover or some wheels or something else thats usefull. But $400 for pants that won't fit if you get fat or too skinny??!?! Common! lol

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I am a little OCD about my shoes though. I wear the DVS's or DC's that are like $90/ pair.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts