Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get some dirt and was not sure how much to get put into the truck so I kept telling the guy to load it up. Well when she looked good and full I told him to stop. Went to weigh in and I had 3,300LBS of topsoil. Needless to say the truck was fun to drive home but was find to handle below 55Mph. Obove that and the front end got a little hard to handle. I went out and got another Ton today. The truck had plenty of power even maxed out like it was. NICE!!!!! I have pictures too if anyone is curious what it looked like? My first post home you all enjoyed it.
Shawn
:thedevil:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow!! 3,300 pounds!! Sure blows the 1,300 pound recommendation in our manual.

·
Super Moderator
159,620 Posts
I think that's the most I've heard of someone loading in the bed. :eek: Pics. Definitely pics.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I tore down a cement fountian and filled up the bed of my truck to take and dump. I have no clue how much it weighed but the stock tires looked flat and the back end was about 3in lower. I thought it was cool. when I went to dump it II found a big hill put it in 4wd took off the tailgate and floored it. ha ha just like a dump truck. got to love being lazy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's awesome man!! I just hauled 20 80lb bags of quickcrete and 20 10ft 4x4 posts. I would say the posts weigh 40lbs each. That is a toal of about 2400 lbs. Not anywhere near the 3300 lbs mark though. I was able to easily go 65 without problems.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I once put 13 bags of 80lb quickcrete and 55 steeping stones in my f-150. the steeping stones come on a pallet and there are 85 of them that weigh 3000lbs.
so I had about 3000lbs in my truck. it was sitting on the axle. I was only going about 2 miles down the road and had no major hills or anything like that.

I know it was not in my Titan but think it would have taken the load a little easier.
________
Uggs

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mark this on the calender. A first post that isn't bashing the Titan.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Dirt is alot heavier than you would think. I had about 4 yards of dirt in my dump trailer. Its a 10 yard trailer so it didn't seem to be that much. The trailer itself weights about 2500 pounds and the titan around 5200 or so. My gross weight at the dump was 16,500 pounds.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
This one time, I had a weight set in the back of my titan...

it was about 500lbs...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
bigjimbo said:
THAT WAS YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!!
LMFAO PWNED !!!! lol anyways once i get the pics off my phone i have a pic of my bed loaded with cement, it was going over the top, i was riding on axle there... and then i have a pic of a bunch of concrete particle boards.. and those weighed her down pretty good...ill find time for pics tomorow... and it was in my old titan.. never again will i do that to my new one, the cement trip ended in a big dent.. i dropped a huge concret block on the tailgate when it was down, it dented all the way thru to the other side...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hauled a yard of wet 5/8ths- gravel last week, I would guess it wieghed close to 2500 lbs. The guys at the gravel place were impressed. They told me when I first showed up that I could only carry a half a yard, but after he loaded it, I told him to make it a full yard. The backend squatted down about 3 inches, but my lowering shackles & 22" tires handled it with out a problem.

·
Registered
838 Posts
swellman said:
I went to get some dirt and was not sure how much to get put into the truck so I kept telling the guy to load it up. Well when she looked good and full I told him to stop. Went to weigh in and I had 3,300LBS of topsoil. Needless to say the truck was fun to drive home but was find to handle below 55Mph. Obove that and the front end got a little hard to handle. I went out and got another Ton today. The truck had plenty of power even maxed out like it was. NICE!!!!! I have pictures too if anyone is curious what it looked like? My first post home you all enjoyed it.
Shawn
:thedevil:
Congrats on the loads! I do hope you did not have to carry those loads too far. Engine power is not a problem, you have plenty. I don't know what size wheel and tires you have, but that is where the issue may show up. If your truck weighs say 5200 lbs., about 40% of that is over the rear wheels. That's a bit over 2000 lbs. to begin with. If your truck is heavier, add 40% of that to the rear. And don't forget your own weight and anything in the cab . Add the 3,300 lbs of load and you have 5,300-5,500 lbs+ over the rear wheels.

Unless you have switched to LT commercial type tires, you probably have a maximum load rating of about 2,300 lbs per tire, (or less) for 4,600 lbs total. You are 600 to 1000 lbs. over your maximum tire rating.

Can you say BLOW OUT? What would happen when one of the rears let go? I would not want to be behind you when that happened. And I'll bet the front steering was very light.

The 2000 lb. load would probably be your maximum for the tires, assuming everything else in the rear suspension (springs bottoming out, etc) held up, regardless of the manufacturer's "funny numbers" on load capacity.

Great report, but be careful. The rest of us are out there on those roads with ya.

·
Banned
138 Posts
i hauled 3500 lbs worth of sod in my 93 gmc 1/2 ton with a 350. in fact i did it 6 times driving over 45 miles each time. had 50 lbs in the tires and it was riding on the axle, of course

1 - 20 of 34 Posts