Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006' Titan XE Crew that came with the pretty basic OEM Double Din single CD player. I am looking at swapping it out for the 6CD MP3 OEM deck that came with the AUX input. Now I have seen some on Craigs list and Ebay that come with the whole front Bezel and the radio unit also. It appears that the 6CD unit has a lot more plugs on the back, than the back of my plain Black single CD unit. I guess my question is, are these units interchangeable? If so what do I need to make sure it comes with in terms of brackets or wire harnesses? Looking for a plug and play here if possible. Also if you take one head unit from one Nissan Titan to another, do they theftlock like GM and require a code?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-DW

·
Registered
23 Posts
i tried to do the same thing to my 2009 xe and when i met up with the guy to buy it we looked and the antenna plug didnt fit nor did the other plugs alot of that was the years were way off but the stock 1 disc are different hook up than the 6 disc. so i just saved more money and bought a double din with bluetooth dvd and the ipod hook up. it was better than trying to pay for the items and the audio store to do the switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I honestly think that is the best way to go at this point, a good double din radio is cheap from Crutchfield and I really don't care about the cd changer as much as I do the AUX interface and or IPOD capability. Probably end up sounding a lot better also once I swap out the stock speakers as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts