Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who runs 35's on there titan? do you really see any difference in performance ? any towing loss ?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
You can fit anything with a sawzall. Performance will change due to increased height (which raises your effective gear ratio) and increased weight (which is a major drag on starting and stopping the truck).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can fit anything with a sawzall. Performance will change due to increased height (which raises your effective gear ratio) and increased weight (which is a major drag on starting and stopping the truck).
yeah that is general going bigger knowledge but how much so with the actual titan application is whats in question.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I haven't gone to 35s yet (might one day, but not today). What I can tell you is, 10lbs of tire weight is worth about 1mpg - and that's keeping the same size tire - for my Titan. Went from 48lb OEM tires over to 58lb replacements, lost 1mpg. No height change at all. About to go to 34s (1" increase in height) after I install my lift (hopefully this weekend), and will see what that does to mileage. Only increasing about 2-3lbs for the shift in tires this time, so hoping MPG won't be affected too much.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My '19 PR w/3" lift and 35/12.5/20's. Ride is just as smooth as stock. Will be going up to 6" once my Pro Comp Stage 2 lift gets in...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't gone to 35s yet (might one day, but not today). What I can tell you is, 10lbs of tire weight is worth about 1mpg - and that's keeping the same size tire - for my Titan. Went from 48lb OEM tires over to 58lb replacements, lost 1mpg. No height change at all. About to go to 34s (1" increase in height) after I install my lift (hopefully this weekend), and will see what that does to mileage. Only increasing about 2-3lbs for the shift in tires this time, so hoping MPG won't be affected too much.
keep us updated on the results !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts