Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was just searching on eBay for a new grille,I've been eyeing that 1 piece grille but I came across this grille and so far i'm sold. What do you guys think? Lame? or bad arse?

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm going with lame :teethmast

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going with lame :teethmast
so out of the two you would pick the one without the border? I never saw this before so it kind of threw me for a loop..its a bit more expensive than the solid 1 piece I was originally going to get

·
Registered
745 Posts
I got one of those Ebay grille's...Worst mistake of my life...The fit is horrible, the mounting is even worse, the instructions do not exsist and it appears as though a 5th grader came up with the idea of the mounting.

Spend your money on a good product and be done with it...I wasted my money on the upper and lower grille set and I should have just flushing my cash down the toilet to get more bang for my buck.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't really care for the billet grills either way, that one does look better than the traditional one peice though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one of those Ebay grille's...Worst mistake of my life...The fit is horrible, the mounting is even worse, the instructions do not exsist and it appears as though a 5th grader came up with the idea of the mounting.

Spend your money on a good product and be done with it...I wasted my money on the upper and lower grille set and I should have just flushing my cash down the toilet to get more bang for my buck.
Appreciate you letting me know,I almost pulled the trigger on one. What's a good brand? My current 3 piece grille is bully and I didn't have too much trouble with it.Just wanting to change the truck up a bit.

·
Registered
323 Posts
doesnt street scene make one like that and theres a guy here with a lifted charcoal titan with the shell of the grill color matched and the billet part black and it looks bad *** it looks just like that but dont remember the brand if i do ill post it but do a google search for titan grills and see if you can come up with a good brand

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Street Scene, T-Rex, & B urtman Industries make quality products. Quality comes with a price tho. Buy used if you can....save you some money.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I believe those were produced or imported by a company called "Paramount", saw a flyer from them a couple of years ago, but never checked them out because a couple of the grills are completely Chrome ABS plastic instead of metal billet or mesh... They do have one metal meshed grill that looked ok, 4mm wire mesh, but noticed the visible mounts on the frame were not OEM positioned, so I'd imagine you would have to allign it and then either rivet or drill/screw mount it... There is a larger Chrome ABS mesh that resembles the Bentley grill wire mesh, so if you want a Bentley edition Titan, you can!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah after stuydying a bunch of them I prefer the one without the border,I see a ton around town,titans and armadas both with the 1 pc. I think i'll buy the t-rex 1 pc from stillen this week. Been doing an overhaul on the truck,changing up alot of things and fixing alot of things so I figured a new grille would be cool.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had the street scene mesh inserts on my old Tahoe and they barely lasted a year before they started rusting. I wouldn't go with them again...

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Most companies that sell alot of items on ebay make crap. I bought a few things for different cars and it was all cheep, didnt fit right, and regretted buying it. I will never go to ebay to buy car parts again.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Most companies that sell alot of items on ebay make crap. I bought a few things for different cars and it was all cheep, didnt fit right, and regretted buying it. I will never go to ebay to buy car parts again.
Actually, not all companies selling on Ebay suck... you just have to find the reputable sellers, who sell true Brand stuff... I bought my original billet inserts through Ebay, and they were Carriage Works grill inserts... I later purchased my current T Rex full width billet grill through Ebay, and it is quality as well... What you need to understand is that you really get what you pay for... Buy a non-brand grill made by an unproven company for cheap, and that's exactly what you get, a cheap @ss product... Good deals are to be had, you just have to research and buy from the right places...

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
thats why i put "most" a large % is garbage and i just gave up on ebay. I find what i want and look up coupon codes and buy from the manu or approved dealers. Some of the coupon codes are amzing deals, but its normaly about 10-15% off

Reactions: DRTYAZN
1 - 20 of 24 Posts