Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met my first fellow Titan owner the other day and we had a nice chat. The guy lives a couple of miles down the road from me and has a King Cab the same color as my Crew Cab (Radiant Silver). The first time I saw him in his yard I stopped. He was a real nice guy and we exchanged our knowledge about the Titan. He pointed out something that I hadn't noticed-the passenger side door handles do not have a keyhole. :huh: Does anyone have any thoughts on this. I'm surprised that it hasn't been brought up on this forum before.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Those are extra. If you wanted those you should've opted for the "Ingress & Egress Package" that would include passenger side keyholes, running boards, and a few other extras. BTW, I'm j/k.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I noticed it the first day I bought my truck. I was like, how the heck am I gonna open it because I did not know you had to press the unlock button twice within 30 seconds to get the passenger door to open. M

My friend told me his old girlfriend's VW bug was set up the same way with the remote to open but it also had the passenger side keyhole.

·
Registered
52 Posts
no remotes

I bought my Titan on a sunday in dec. It was the first one my dealer had ever sold. They had not been fully processsed and the staff could not find the extra keys or the remotes. So, I had to go 2 days without remotes, and not key hole on the passanger side. Being in that situation I descovered that there was not key hole pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
munkeebinis said:
Those are extra. If you wanted those you should've opted for the "Ingress & Egress Package" that would include passenger side keyholes, running boards, and a few other extras. BTW, I'm j/k.

Are you refering to the Side Handle Ingress Theft-prevention package?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Are you refering to the Side Handle Ingress Theft-prevention package?

Yes. And you'll be pleased to know that that particular package also comes with NO COIN TRAY!!! :jester:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Seems to be a trend, my BMW was the same no pass. keyhole.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, lets see, if you save $1.00 (?) per keyhole and you make 100,000 units per year? Sounds better than one olive per martini!! I think that is one airline's saving method in first class? Who uses a keyhole anyway except in emergency? At least the doors open - windows may not roll up!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My 2002 Frontier SE CC 4x4 was the same way with the one key hole (2 if you count the tailgate), so I am familiar with that "package".

I just wish they had also included step rails, 4x4 stickers, foglights, and a rear window defroster on my 2004 Titan SE CC 4x4 like I had on the 2002 Fronty. :huh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coin Tray...

Guy's I went to my dealer and told them I wanted my coin tray. They told me to order one for $65 and then have Nissan pay me. I said no let;s go find one in a a Titan on the lot and then you guys can order one for it. So we looked through every Titan and no luck, but we did find one in an Armada. So I took and they are ordering one for the Armada... :futwice:

gtshouse said:
Yes. And you'll be pleased to know that that particular package also comes with NO COIN TRAY!!! :jester:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts