Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IAM IN NEED OF A ECM, IPDM AND THE A/C CONTROL MODULE SAYS THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY WANT ABOUT $2200.00 FOR THE JOB IN ALL. I PRICED THE PARTS AND I CAN GET THEM ALL FOR A LITTLE OVER $1200.00 MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE DONE ANY OF THIS THEMSELVES OR IS THE DEALERSHIP THE ONLY HOPE ON THIS ONE. PLEASE HELP:crying:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
IAM IN NEED OF A ECM, IPDM AND THE A/C CONTROL MODULE SAYS THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY WANT ABOUT $2200.00 FOR THE JOB IN ALL. I PRICED THE PARTS AND I CAN GET THEM ALL FOR A LITTLE OVER $1200.00 MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE DONE ANY OF THIS THEMSELVES OR IS THE DEALERSHIP THE ONLY HOPE ON THIS ONE. PLEASE HELP:crying:

Why are you yelling?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Lmfao.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This all happened while riding down the street it just powered down and after cranking it again. It begin to hesitate and all the dash lights were blinking and speed gauges were erratic. So after a dealer diagnostic they told me these parts were bad.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sounds like they aren't sure so they're going to toss all of the modules at it to be sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah tell me about it so now I would like to know the best way to find the location of the ecm, and ipdm

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Did the dealer replace the recalled ECM relay on the IPDM? Literally takes 5 minutes and $2.46.

I would also take a peak at the exhaust pipe to make sure it hasn't rusted off and melted the rear harness.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yeah tell me about it so now I would like to know the best way to find the location of the ecm, and ipdm
The IPDM is in the bigger plastic box behind the battery. Takes about 15 minutes to swap.

I suggest that you DL the service manual.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Sounds like they aren't sure so they're going to toss all of the modules at it to be sure.
I'm inclined to agree with Greg.
Most tech's couldn't diagnose a flat tire, let alone a massive compound electrical failure.
They are trying to make a honkinass sale. The service writer is on commission you know.
All he wants you to do is say okay.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The IPDM is in the bigger plastic box behind the battery. Takes about 15 minutes to swap.

I suggest that you DL the service manual.
And the ECM/BCM is just above the gas pedal, beside the heater box. It's another easy and quick swap. Part of the labor charge will be to enter the VIN into the BCM and program keys.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
And the ECM/BCM is just above the gas pedal, beside the heater box. It's another easy and quick swap. Part of the labor charge will be to enter the VIN into the BCM and program keys.

The BCM is there, but the ECU is located against the fender beside the IPDM.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The BCM is there, but the ECU is located against the fender beside the IPDM.
Sorry, I knew that, just a slight memory lapse there. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts