Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

2004 ex king cab 4x4

Just got the truck two months ago at auction and plan on selling. Didn't drive for a month and the battery died but got a free replacement from walmart. Another month or close to went by and dead again but was able to jump. Been like 5 days and yet again dead. Disconnected a previously installed amplifier wire kit but obviously didn't solve the issue. I have sat in the truck for a minute or two after turning off and it sounds like maybe the blender door actuator is turning on? or something similar behind the dash near center/right.tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Anyone else have this issue? Have read corrosion build up or loose terminals can cause an issue so I'll check those after work.

Suggestions are welcomed!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
First off any thing plugged into the lighter socket on driver side that is live all the time in your year that drained two batteries of mine.

Second I would ground the battery like they do in the grounding kit for Titans you can search that kit on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
When you shut down a normally operating Titan, a few moments later you will hear the HVAC doors moving inside the dash, and you'll see the gauge cluster needles moving and resetting zero. This is all normal.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
What you likely have is a parasitic loss somewhere in the system. I'd start by looking at all your unswitched circuits to see if there's anything added or doubled up (meaning someone added an "add a fuse" or tapped into it with another add-on circuit) because those are your most likely problem areas which would be easy to identify and remedy. If none of those are an issue, start looking at unswitched circuits and pull one fuse at a time, checking the battery load in between fuse pulls, til you find the one which stops the drain.

Alternately you could have a bad cell in the battery, or you could have alternator troubles. Either of those is something to get checked by a trusted local parts store.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello everyone,

2004 ex king cab 4x4

Just got the truck two months ago at auction and plan on selling. Didn't drive for a month and the battery died but got a free replacement from walmart. Another month or close to went by and dead again but was able to jump. Been like 5 days and yet again dead. Disconnected a previously installed amplifier wire kit but obviously didn't solve the issue. I have sat in the truck for a minute or two after turning off and it sounds like maybe the blender door actuator is turning on? or something similar behind the dash near http://tradevenue.se/

Anyone else have this issue? Have read corrosion build up or loose terminals can cause an issue so I'll check those after work.

Suggestions are welcomed!
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got an 04 le with the Bose 6 disk and factory navigation. After the nav quit working and I replaced the stereo, the nav screen was always on (but black), got in one night and noticed the slight glow. After I unplugged it no more dead battery

·
Registered
617 Posts
The OP has been banned.

Recently I had an issue with my battery dying also. My battery is 4-5 years old and I leave the truck parked sometimes up to 10 days without driving it. I found the problem to be I left a USB phone charger adapter in one of the cigarette lighters that is always powered on, and I had my bluetooth OBD2 adapter plugged in all the time (for my Torque app). Both devices draw a small amount of power. I unplugged the OBD2 adapter and moved the phone charger to a cigarette lighter outlet that turns off with the truck.
Now my battery seems strong like OX even after being parked for 10 days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts