Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have an 04 king cab with the 6 disk cd changer ant the front panel is loose basically just hanging on by the top and my ac control knobs are broke off. Anyone know how the panel is attatched or how I could fix it and also where I could get new ac knobs? Thanks

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
The head unit faceplate is just held on by clips. Have you tried pushing the faceplate towards the dash? When you take it off, you just pull the faceplate towards you (towards teh back of the cab). Are you the original owner or did you buy the truck used? It could be that if the truck was used, maybe the old owner took the stereo faceplate off and lost the metal clips.

As far as the ac knobs, is the knob itself just broken (cracked) or does it not change the settings. If the knob itself is just cracked or missing, you can buy the part (the part number is 27560U). They run about $15 each

Here is a link to the part http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_search_result.php?keywords=[27560U]+\%28a60&cPath=1244_1245_1281_1297

If they knob isnt changing the settings of the air unit, the inside of the knob area may be broken which will require more work. You will either have to fix it yourself or buy a whole new ac panel. There is a thread where someone came up with a homemade fix. I'll try to find the link.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it used the previous owner mustve had a system in it because there are some aftermarket wires behind it he probly took it out before he sold it. As far as the ac knobs go they all work but the knobs themselves are gone I gotta turn the fan knob with pliars and the zone and temperature control are of a different design as far as the mechanism

1 - 3 of 3 Posts