Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
looking for some help from anyone in california who has experience with our lovely smog laws as they pertain to upgrading the titan. I would really love to upgrade to headers/b-pipes/hi flow cats(or even no cats with long tubes) is there some type of setup i can run that wont cost me a small fortune in labor costs to swith back and forth come smog time? i know that only factory cats will pass the visual inspection..do they really crawl under there and look? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
346 Posts
not all smog centers will crawl under there, but most do, from my experiance.
i live in so cal, and im in the same boat your in! I thing i will see what can "done" to my stock cats, my headers are going in on tuesday!!! So any other dudes from so cal, feel free to chime in with ideas and options!!:)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
jba shorties with aftermarket high flow cats welded to them or flanged is the only smog legal way

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
CARB APPROVED SETUP: JBA Headers, short tubes with open unflanged collector, weld on OEM primary cats, with flanged exit. Attach OEM B pipe...

... but if you want optimum performance, and have a friendly Smog Test Center who isn't too picky over the visual...
JBA Headers, weld on MF HF Cat #59555, flange exit to connect to OEM B Pipe with gutted rear cats... or Berk B Pipes...

·
Registered
397 Posts
CARB APPROVED SETUP: JBA Headers, short tubes with open unflanged collector, weld on OEM primary cats, with flanged exit. Attach OEM B pipe...

... but if you want optimum performance, and have a friendly Smog Test Center who isn't too picky over the visual...
JBA Headers, weld on MF HF Cat #59555, flange exit to connect to OEM B Pipe with gutted rear cats... or Berk B Pipes...
Do you run the gutted cat only to pass the visual? If so then I won't put that on. But if it makes more power then I will. lol As long as it passes the computer plug in part for me I am good. I can get around the visual easy enough.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Do you run the gutted cat only to pass the visual? If so then I won't put that on. But if it makes more power then I will. lol As long as it passes the computer plug in part for me I am good. I can get around the visual easy enough.
Yes, gutted B Pipe is just to pass visual and it helps free up flow, increasing performance... If you don't need to pass visual, just run straight B pipes or resonated B pipes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts