Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Manifold Crack

Has anyone tried to take off their headers and wrap with that white wrap some dudes wrapp their motorcycle exhuast in?
Seems like it would atleast limit the amount of air escaping if not stoppping it all together(wrapping looks air proof to me). Anyhow I know mine is cracked but haven't even looked at them.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
do you have headers or the stock manifolds?

because if you have good headers they shoudl last you a few years, and yes i do have mine with heat wrap, its mostly to make sure the heat keeps exiting the headers and keeps the engine bay cooler.. heres a link to my build tread..

http://www.speedclubpr.com/scforum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5055

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opps, I meant manifold. Editing now

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh ok. Looks good. I can't read it. What kind of results did you get?

On our sport bikes a few people say wrapping robs your power because it can't dissipate the heat quickly

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Ohh ok. Looks good. I can't read it. What kind of results did you get?

On our sport bikes a few people say wrapping robs your power because it can't dissipate the heat quickly
i just fix the link: SpeedClubPR.com • View topic - mi nueva adquisicion para el garage nissan

and yes its in spanish, so you migth no be able to read it but its for picture purposes.

actually the idea of wraping is to make heat go the "rigth" direction..

heres a link to the info:Exhaust wrap | Exhaust wrap and heat shield thermal insulation

Exhaust wraps retain more heat in the exhaust system, this creates hotter exhaust gases, decreases the density, and that allows the exhaust gas to exit the system faster! Increased exhaust scavenging is produced helping to lower intake temperatures: that equals more horsepower. Exhaust wrap also reduces radiant heat damage and can lower under hood temperatures by as much as 50%. This exhaust wrap features a vermiculite coating which makes it capable of withstanding 1200°F continuous and 2000°F intermittent. Our exhaust wrap can be fastened with Thermal-Tie™, hose clamps, or wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts