Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know around the So-Cal area a place that is good at installing JBA Shorty headers on a Titan?

Mike

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so. cal. vet said:
where is your location? i went to this shop in vista, to have it installed and it took 4 hours from start to completed the job.
I am in Rancho Cucamonga, but am willing to travel a bit to get it done right. I also want to make sure the people will remove stock CATs and put in magnaflow high-flow CATs.

·
Registered
202 Posts
A.I.I.Raciing said:
Which shop and what did they charge?

Do you have an address or phone number?
here is the phone no. 760 758-7600 its called richard's performance muffler, located at 1352 n. melrose dr. ste a, vista, ca 92083. owner's name is richard. it cost me like $270.00. i recommend this shop to all tt menber.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
so. cal. vet said:
here is the phone no. 760 758-7600 its called richard's performance muffler, located at 1352 n. melrose dr. ste a, vista, ca 92083. owner's name is richard. it cost me like $270.00. i recommend this shop to all tt menber.
i concur, these guys do exhausts on trophy trucks and all sorts of desert machines, but that's a pretty far drive for someone from cucamongaloid... hell, might as well make the trek down to Mission Gorge in San Diego to their headquarters... they'll certainly install on right and throw in a few JBA stickers, hats and party gifts with JBA on it... :jester:

·
Registered
555 Posts
hooligan said:
hell, might as well make the trek down to Mission Gorge in San Diego to their headquarters... they'll certainly install on right and throw in a few JBA stickers, hats and party gifts with JBA on it... :jester:
Oh damn, they do installs at JBA headquarters? I'll be there next year with my income tax loot.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hooligan said:
i concur, these guys do exhausts on trophy trucks and all sorts of desert machines, but that's a pretty far drive for someone from cucamongaloid... hell, might as well make the trek down to Mission Gorge in San Diego to their headquarters... they'll certainly install on right and throw in a few JBA stickers, hats and party gifts with JBA on it... :jester:
Yeah, if I can't find anyone good around here to do it, I will definately drive down there. Only about 2 hours from here, which isn't TOO bad. Least I will be at peace of mind knowing its done right the first time.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Warp09 said:
Yeah, if I can't find anyone good around here to do it, I will definately drive down there. Only about 2 hours from here, which isn't TOO bad. Least I will be at peace of mind knowing its done right the first time.
actually, the JBA headquarters is down in San Diego just northeast of San Diego State University off of Mission Gorge Rd.... but, the JBA performance center where they do the install and engine/racing modifications is off of Convoy st... still in San Diego... here's the link: http://www.jbaracing.com/

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
hooligan said:
actually, the JBA headquarters is down in San Diego just northeast of San Diego State University off of Mission Gorge Rd.... but, the JBA performance center where they do the install and engine/racing modifications is off of Convoy st... still in San Diego... here's the link: http://www.jbaracing.com/
Holy crap! They want over $500 for the install! OUCH!

·
Registered
42 Posts
so. cal. vet said:

Thumbs up to these guys Brian is at the counter - very knowledgble, Richard is a good guy as well they have a great shop up there in Vista, if you dont feel like making the drive 4 Wheel Parts is up in your neck of the woods and they can do the install as well. Both of these locations are JBA dealers

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thumbs up to these guys Brian is at the counter - very knowledgble, Richard is a good guy as well they have a great shop up there in Vista, if you dont feel like making the drive 4 Wheel Parts is up in your neck of the woods and they can do the install as well. Both of these locations are JBA dealers
Not that I am worried about getting the install done, but can they do good? I know msot shorty headers are just bolt on, where our is welding..

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If I've read correctly, the JBA install involves cutting off the cats and welding them onto their new headers, unless you plan on running some sort of aftermarket cats...

As for the price, it's a lot of work to R&R both sides AND re-install both cats...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Warp09 said:
Not that I am worried about getting the install done, but can they do good? I know msot shorty headers are just bolt on, where our is welding..
last time I visited Richards he had a 10.5 tire twin turbo Chevy Nova chassis that he was personally building a set of manifolds for the turbos on this car, he had a mid 60's VW Bug that they were building a custom manifold back system for the turbo motor that was going into that car, they also have 2 LS powered sand rails in the shop having custom headers done on them as well - they know their stuff.

4 Wheel Parts can install just about anything as well - both locations are good just a matter of how far you feel like driving

There is also Stillen, who I think is a sponsor on this site - that from what I recall has an install facitlity and they are a JBA dealer as well

:cheers:

Yes our headers are a weld in application on the Titan, Nissan designed the factory manifolds with the precats/downtubes directly attached from the factory - so there is some welding and cutting involved

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
last time I visited Richards he had a 10.5 tire twin turbo Chevy Nova chassis that he was personally building a set of manifolds for the turbos on this car, he had a mid 60's VW Bug that they were building a custom manifold back system for the turbo motor that was going into that car, they also have 2 LS powered sand rails in the shop having custom headers done on them as well - they know their stuff.

4 Wheel Parts can install just about anything as well - both locations are good just a matter of how far you feel like driving

There is also Stillen, who I think is a sponsor on this site - that from what I recall has an install facitlity and they are a JBA dealer as well

:cheers:

Yes our headers are a weld in application on the Titan, Nissan designed the factory manifolds with the precats/downtubes directly attached from the factory - so there is some welding and cutting involved
Can you give me the numbers and city to these two places?

I talked to Stillen, and they said they won't install it. They did once on one truck, and said they would never do it again because it was a PITA.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I can't believe to install those headers and do the custom cat install required all for $270?

I've done a lot of header installs in the late 70's and early 80's (used to work at a muffler shop) and we charged that much just to install a set of headers in Dodge with a 440...and no exhaust work....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Check out FMS Performance. I've done all my exhaust work there on all my trucks and bought plenty off aftermarket products. Frank is the owner and is a great guy. Talk to him and he can probably set you up with a great deal.
They are in San Bernardino. About 15 mins from you.

www.fmsperformance.com
Ph: 909-888-5020

They do a lot of work with CST project trucks and Socal Super trucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts