Nissan Titan Forum banner

header long tubes

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  wildcats09 
#1 ·
hey guys in the market for some headers and im leaning towards the stillen long tubes but what else do i need to make it work good. do i need another set of bpipes and what should i do about the cats? i talked to stillen and said they would do a discounted price on the headers if we get about 15 members or so and also on the 1st of feb they are discounting the headers for a special going for individual buy so be sure and call them up for the price!

#5 ·
you tell them if they can get the polished ceramic ones down to the mid 700s then they have me on board. they owe us for botching the last group buy.

#6 ·
i didnt know that stillen ripped you guys off or whatever happened but which long tubes do you all suggest i get. I have an 07 4x4 with banks exhaust. do you think that the walker B-pipes would fit the 07? they can be found on rock auto but they have them for the 05 model, i dont see why they wont fit?

#10 · (Edited)
I bought a set of Walker B Pipes, used them to mock up for my own custom extended HF cat'd B pipes welded on my JBA short tubes... After having chopped the Walkers up for the O2 bung and flanges, I noticed that they are actually double piped, with the center being no more than 2" diameter... The external pipe is true 2.25" but their is an additional thicker pipe on the interior. The other thing I noticed was that the resonator rattled, most likely from bits of weld shrapnel in between the interior and exterior piping... Bang for the buck, yes Walker B Pipes are it, but if you want better performance, I say get a reputiable exhaust shop to fabricate you some 2.25" in/ 2.5" out B Pipes with Hi Flow cats and rear mounted O2 bungs... or just knock out the rear cat cores from your OEM B pipes.. and I recommend DT LT's or JBA short tubes...

#7 ·
Dude just get a set of DOUG THROLEY LT, Berk B-Pipes, and loose the Banks and you will be set! I want BUY **** from stillen, to many people got screwed and it was NEVER STILLENS FAULT!
But away thats just me, good luck on what ever you deside.

#11 ·
First of all, installing headers on a 4x4 isn't fun. Second, do not get the OBX headers from ebay. The issues that I have with them is that you have to "dent" the passenger side so that it will clear the Upper Control Arm and some of the nuts are hard to get on the motor. I am 5'8" and had trouble fitting my hand anywhere near the studs on the drivers side. I tried swivels, extensions, body manipulation, and just about any other method to reach them. I finally got them on, don't know how, it's all a blur at this point. Spend the extra money and get the DT's.

Reactions: Nick741
#13 ·
I can vouch for the Doug Thorley's too. My truck is running strong. B pipes will be here very soon. I can't wait.

#15 · (Edited)
hey guys was browsing around and found these, figured i can buy the walker b-pipes as well and i was just thinking about getting some JBAs found them for about $360. these cats should fit cuz they are universal right? just order a set for both sides and fab them up

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1317511

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.