Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok like most others I have cracked headers on my 2010 titan its not covered under warranty and I want to know can I buy the long tube jba headers weld on my stock cats and not have to do the uprev programing. I don't have $1500-$2000 to spend on fixing this. I don't care about any hp gains or anything like that this truck is just daily driver. All im looking to do is get rid of the ticking sound cheapest way possible anyone give me my best option ?????

thanks for all help and options

·
Registered
559 Posts
You didn't mention your miles, but are you sure it's not warranty covered? Emissions warranty is 80,000 miles, 8 years for cats (and manifold since one assembly).

Anyway, no, you don't want to weld your stock cats to LT headers (that is how the JBA short tube headers are installed, BTW, but not preferred, since the cats are considered a likely failure point). I've not heard of JBA headers cracking, so I wouldn't worry about that. Certainly cracking isn't an inherent fault of stainless, so the more important point is brand and quality. You can get cat'ed b-pipes to handle emissions, and boost performance.

Talk to Jeff at Cajun Bpipes. He can walk you through your options. Super guy to work with.
Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just bought JBA, Cajun B pipes and Uprev. I had to save for it for a while because I'm just a working man and everytime I would get close, something would come up that i'd have to spend it on something else.

One thing I'll say for sure though is UpRev is worth every penny and more. Joe has been constantly emailing me back and fourth with detailed instructions and support. He doesn't just ship you a kit and say good luck. I wouldn't leave him out, def get the UpRev too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Save up for the cajun stage 1 package you'll run into many more issues without uprev. You be running lean more than likely an hurt your cats an motor its the best mod package for your truck. Did mine over the summer an still smile when i get on it.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
ok like most others I have cracked headers on my 2010 titan its not covered under warranty and I want to know can I buy the long tube jba headers weld on my stock cats and not have to do the uprev programing. I don't have $1500-$2000 to spend on fixing this. I don't care about any hp gains or anything like that this truck is just daily driver. All im looking to do is get rid of the ticking sound cheapest way possible anyone give me my best option ?????

thanks for all help and options
Travis, Cajun will be the cheapest fix for the issue I guarantee it. Manifolds just fail again no matter what brand. Look me up......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys probably not the best option but I had my manifold go bad at 100,000 miles. I put on stillen long tube headers B pipes, stillen single out exhaust and cold air intake. I didn't have the extra for uprev (planed on installing latter but never got around to it) I now have 285,000 miles on it. It runs just as good now then when I bought it new. Well the engine anyway. Don't wanna start on everything else I've replaced.

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Wow! 185K miles without tuning after headers. That's interesting.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Rhino, you don't say what model your truck is... is it Flex Fuel? They are rumored to more tolerant, and have more range of adjustment.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Every truck is different but the majority will be out with headers. My flex 05 went rich at 11.9-12.1 at wot which is very safe but your not getting the extra power and being rich mpg is not optimal with extra carbon build up on the pistons and rings. With the money spent on headers especially from Stillen why not tune or at least have the afr's checked on a dyno for peace of mind? That is exactly what I did to make sure the afr's are ok. I was scared to death it would have been lean like a non flex.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Every truck is different but the majority will be out with headers. My flex 05 went rich at 11.9-12.1 at wot which is very safe but your not getting the extra power and being rich mpg is not optimal with extra carbon build up on the pistons and rings. With the money spent on headers especially from Stillen why not tune or at least have the afr's checked on a dyno for peace of mind? That is exactly what I did to make sure the afr's are ok. I was scared to death it would have been lean like a non flex.
I have also had feedback from Flex Fuel customers with NO tunes that they have gone through 02 sensors like crazy with it running very rich. For the part and vehicle to perform correctly with long tube headers you need UPREV.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Anyone know when JBA is coming out with the 1.3/4 header for the first gen?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would other performance chips fix the lean/rich problems? Just asking as I am not looking to spend huge $$$
I just want long tubes and driveability without worrying about burning out my engine.

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Only a custom tune will do the job.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
With chips/programmers you're only going to get a canned tune, not something specific to your vehicle.

You could put headers on your truck and headers on my truck and get 2 different results.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
The Cajun Stage 1 will be your best bet in the long run. Stay away from manifolds and do your research before you spend a dime. Feel free to call my cell its listed on the website.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1484232113.725327.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1484232135.850199.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1484232159.592215.jpg
Well a New set of 304 JBA headers came for sale on the Facebook group VK Nation, so I snagged them. Unfortunately I sent them straight to be ceramic coated before inspecting them.
So far pretty disappointed in the quality of the header themselves, welding slag all through the oped at the flanges. Whoever lined these things up before welding must have been hard of seeing in one eye an blind in the other.
So anyways very happy with how the coating came out but the headers were a disappointment.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I hate to ask this... are you sure they are really JBA headers? The clones look awfully close to them, and at least one eBay brand seems to be a direct knock off from what I've seen. The clones suffer from the issues you describe, which made me wonder...

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts