Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I hate to ask this... are you sure they are really JBA headers? The clones look awfully close to them, and at least one eBay brand seems to be a direct knock off from what I've seen. The clones suffer from the issues you describe, which made me wonder...

Good luck!

Yup for sure they are jba an I'm pretty damn surprised they are as bad as they are.

·
Registered
346 Posts
View attachment 462081
View attachment 462089 View attachment 462097
Well a New set of 304 JBA headers came for sale on the Facebook group VK Nation, so I snagged them. Unfortunately I sent them straight to be ceramic coated before inspecting them.
So far pretty disappointed in the quality of the header themselves, welding slag all through the oped at the flanges. Whoever lined these things up before welding must have been hard of seeing in one eye an blind in the other.
So anyways very happy with how the coating came out but the headers were a disappointment.
The images you posted look GREAT.

Please send me an e-mail with some images of your concerns.

[email protected]

Dustin

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
The images you posted look GREAT.

Please send me an e-mail with some images of your concerns.

[email protected]

Dustin

I will for sure send you pictures, so just to get this straight. The flange should be flush with the pipe no?
The opening of the collector isn't the size it should be anymore be it a small difference I definitely expected better.

My first set of JBA headers I purchased back in 2006 and were immaculate. The finish before the ceramic coating was Great I was told by the guy doing it, just not impressed with how everything lines up

·
Registered
346 Posts
I will for sure send you pictures, so just to get this straight. The flange should be flush with the pipe no?
The opening of the collector isn't the size it should be anymore be it a small difference I definitely expected better.

My first set of JBA headers I purchased back in 2006 and were immaculate. The finish before the ceramic coating was Great I was told by the guy doing it, just not impressed with how everything lines up
JBA and many others use a raised sealing beads that put more pressure around the port to help seal better in that crucial area. The images you posted here look great and I will await your images.

JBA manufacturing.
How Headers Are Designed And Built By Pertronix Performance Products - Dragzine

Thanks

Dustin

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
I do love my Patriot Defender exhaust for my bike from Pertronix. All stainless and the welds were damn good especially for the price paid for that thing. Performance is astounding as well.

Those JBA look 10x better than my pacesetters lol. Its like a gorilla just squeezed the mig trigger and went ape shiit lol.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I haven't took the other header out of the box yet, but can see the flange at the collector is lined up closer to the pics Jeff posted on Facebook, which makes me happy.
Like I said the first set of jba I bought back in 2006 an they were mint.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Has anyone here researched Doug Thorley long tubes? They are pricey but they're worth it. Ceramic coated inside and outside. Absolutely the best header for our Titans. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

·
Premium Member
69,773 Posts
Says the new Titan genius...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Has anyone here researched Doug Thorley long tubes? They are pricey but they're worth it. Ceramic coated inside and outside. Absolutely the best header for our Titans. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.
DT paired the incorrect cylinders for our firing order. Seems like quite a bit of an oversight for a product to be called the best.......

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
No....NO.... no... and no some more. Also, not even remotely on point to being accurate in regards to being the best, so therefore... NO.

ARH and Kooks make the best off the shelf headers currently for the VK56VD Titan/Patrol/Armada/QX80 platforms. 1-3/4 x 3'' and 1-7/8 x 3''

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Also, i'd like to see the entirety a long tube/mid length header for the VK56 that has full ceramic coating internally....

Hope that shiz doesn't flake and get caught up in some exhaust reversion.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Hate to bust your bubble but the DT 304ss headers have been cracking! For the price JBA cant be beat....plain stainless, coated or the super nice 304ss JBA.

·
Premium Member
69,773 Posts
Pffft...WTF do y'all know. Jerry is ALWAYS right...

:ftard:

Reactions: JauntyBishop

·
Banned
319 Posts
Every knows me out there . I'm big dollars. I bought a set of DT long tubes. I also own a set of JBA,s. There is no comparison. I'm just waiting for my stock manifolds to crack. I live in Tennessee , so I doubt they will ever crack. I got double back ups. That's a good thing to have. Keep on doubting and keep on hating.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Here are the Kooks 1-7/8" x 3" headers for the VK56VD found in the Patrol/Qx80/ Armada and new Titan. It as been verified these headers do fit in the new Titan.

https://www.kooksheaders.com/2010-nissan-patrol-1-7-8-x-3-header.html

American Racing Headers, also for the VK56VD in the new Titan/ Patrol/Armada and QX80. These come in 1-3/4x 3'' or 1-7/8 x 3''

https://www.shoparh.com/collections/foreign/products/infiniti-qx56-v8-5-6l-2012-2015-short-system

And... for the VK56DE 1st gen titan and armada guys... AFE POWER is now making headers for us... Supposedly wont be ready until next month.

aFe POWER 48-46107-YN Twisted Steel Header & Connection Pipes; Race Series | aFe POWER

Looks like there are some harness extensions in these pics...

Lastly, JBA is going to be making a 1-3/4 Header for the 1st Gen Titans as well.

So.. NO... Doug Thorley isn't the best option for the VK56DE nor the VK56VD.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Every knows me out there . I'm big dollars. I bought a set of DT long tubes. I also own a set of JBA,s. There is no comparison. I'm just waiting for my stock manifolds to crack. I live in Tennessee , so I doubt they will ever crack. I got double back ups. That's a good thing to have. Keep on doubting and keep on hating.
With all those "Big Dollars'' you have, you sure didn't apply it towards an education in grammar.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Those afe ones look nice, but I don't want to be the guinea pig. They are a little salty for the gains and still have to buy uprev. It didn't seem to show a price for the catted b-pipes, that may add to the price. Overall I don't want to complain about another company making something for our trucks, there aren't many.

·
Registered
559 Posts
DREEP, where you is bruh. lol

Scroll up a post or two and you will see what I was referring to in our previous conversation.
Yeah, nice. I'm just back on. Thanks.

The AFE collector to b-pipe hookup doesn't thrill me. But AFE does make pretty good stuff, so I am guessing the quality would be very good. Almost $1500? Yawser. Think I'll check in with Steve on the NISMores...

OK, that's a joke...

Yeah, can't complain, like you say SM. Not many companies paying attention, and it isn't likely to get better, as the Gen 1 is replaced by the gen 2 in their product plans.

Reactions: GalaxyPro4X11
21 - 40 of 67 Posts