Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will get my headers back next week and I am having a hard time deciding what color to paint them. They will be white when I get them back from Swain and I would like them another color. Any good high temp paint will stick and not burn off due to the type of coating they are applying. Which of the NISMO colors would you choose, red, black or silver and why?
:boxing:

·
Super Moderator
93,611 Posts
What color is the Titan?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arachnid said:
What color is the Titan?
Kind of a smoky color, lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
93,611 Posts
I'd either go black if you want it to blend or red to stand out. Not silver. I'd probably go with black myself.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats really the two colors I'm debating right now, I figure the dealer is going to notice them no matter what so the question is, do I want them noticed.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would go with the black. Kinda goes with all the OEM stuff. Red would be cool too, but then you need some more red stuff.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I would personally leave them white for the aerospace look. Nothing looks more sano than that dull white ceramic coating. Regardless of what Swain says, you cannot always trust paint on exhaust components for any extended period of time because of the combination of elements that they are exposed to. Heck, even JetHot ceramic coating starts to age after a year or so.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sc186 said:
I would personally leave them white for the aerospace look. Nothing looks more sano than that dull white ceramic coating. Regardless of what Swain says, you cannot always trust paint on exhaust components for any extended period of time because of the combination of elements that they are exposed to. Heck, even JetHot ceramic coating starts to age after a year or so.
You make a good argument for white and It got me thinking about how crappy red could look after a couple of years, kinda turd brown maybe. It's not like I'm gonna pull them out just to repaint them and this truck is a keeper. I don't know how Swain's coating will age but I will ask them. I guess that just leaves black or white. Since I thought I may want them noticed, I suppose white might be interesting and the easiest since they come that way. Decisions, decisions, lol. It's funny that you mentioned aerospace because that is what Dan Swain and I talked about the last time I called him. We were chatting about UPS insurance and he told me that UPS will no longer insure the satellite jet nozzles that are sent to them for true value. He said they range in value from $50,000 to $150,000 and UPS will only go $10,000 now. The drivers hate it because they have to put the package in the cab with them and watch it like a hawk.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'd go white or Silver, the lighter the color the better.. Or you can always wrap them in heat tape...

I tried painting my headers orange once (Long time ago) to match my engine, they turned PINK with in minutes and white and brown within months....

·
Registered
268 Posts
If it were me, I would go with the black because I like to hide what I have that way the wrong people don't notice mods to my vehicle and take too much of a liking to it. Many stolen cars in Vegas. And why would you not want the dealer to notice? You are running Nismo headers which is a Nissan part so they can't give you any s*** for it warranty wise, right?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Titan5683 said:
If it were me, I would go with the black because I like to hide what I have that way the wrong people don't notice mods to my vehicle and take too much of a liking to it. Many stolen cars in Vegas. And why would you not want the dealer to notice? You are running Nismo headers which is a Nissan part so they can't give you any s*** for it warranty wise, right?
They can't legally give me crap but that doesn't mean they won't try, lol.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The same rules apply to Nismo headers that apply to every set of headers for the Titan....

Oh and there is no warranty on the headers themselves.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Derwud said:
The same rules apply to Nismo headers that apply to every set of headers for the Titan....

Oh and there is no warranty on the headers themselves.
No warranty expressed or implied, for off road use only, yeah right, lol. They can't take away anything but the exhaust warranty which is a complete rebuilt bulletproof system anyway, lol, I'm really scared, lol. It just kills me that they put parts out and won't warranty them but at least they're good parts and with the Swain coating they should easily last the life of the vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts