Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be too late, but I have JBA shorty headers (recommended by JBA rep), Uprev Osiris, no cats, and a Banks cat back exhaust. It is LOUD! It sounds like straight pipes, and has a bad drone. I also have codes popping up for O2 sensors behind cats. Will a new tune from Uprev and a new muffler fix this? What muffler would you recommend, or any other parts?
Thank you for the help, I wish I had seen you on here before I started this project.
Bob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cats were blown out, so a local shop welded pipe from the header to the Banks cat-back exhaust. No B pipes or resonators left.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
You could have cats welded in and put extended sensor bungs behind the cat and add a UQ resonator post muffler, thats the only thing I know to do. May check the muffler as the packing is bad about failing in the Banks muffler. The Banks is fiberglass packed which will fail in time causing the increased drone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would getting the Ultra quiet resonator and extended bungs work for now, and get cats later? My truck budget is low after the headers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could have cats welded in and put extended sensor bungs behind the cat and add a UQ resonator post muffler, thats the only thing I know to do. May check the muffler as the packing is bad about failing in the Banks muffler. The Banks is fiberglass packed which will fail in time causing the increased drone.
Do you have to run cats or can you just set the o2 sensors out with an extension?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts