Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to thank all the super tuners that made this possible. You know, all the guys that try stuff out first so the rest of us mod vultures can circle around and see what breaks. Also a special thanks to sc186 for the special attention to a Mod impaired individual like myself, lol. Nismo Headers, NISMO CAI and Zoomers cat back make one heck of a combination sound wise. For the imagination impaired, this is what it sounds like now. BAWBAWBAWBAWBAWBAWBAW...GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOM. BAWBAWBAWBAWBAW......GRRRRROOOOOOM..GROOOOOOM..BAWBAWBAW.
YEAH BABY, is all I can say, this truck sounds great. If you like loud, this combo is not for you but If you like to sound civilized in the church parking lot on Sunday but still formative on the track Friday, this combo has your name all over it. It's a smooth growl with no popping and it's music to my ears. I took it out for a test at highway speed and it has some drone at around 1600 to 2000 now but from what I've read, no where near the deafening effect of some other combos. I don't know how this combo compares to others HP and TQ wise but it sounds good enough to give up a couple 10ths at the strip and that is saying something because I love to race. Tame when you need it with a lions growl when you want, I couldn't be happier with the sound and I'll update everyone with track next week.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Glad to hear you are happy with it! What did your headers run you again because when they pull my motor at the dealership to put in the new one I think I will have them install them at that time. How long do we have to wait for track times?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Titan5683 said:
Glad to hear you are happy with it! What did your headers run you again because when they pull my motor at the dealership to put in the new one I think I will have them install them at that time. How long do we have to wait for track times?
I paid about 830.00 through my son in laws shop but I hear you can get them cheaper. I paid 280.00 for Swain techs "White Lightning" ceramic coating and have heard the dealers charging from 550 to 750 for install. As far as track times, let's just say that I will be one of the first people at the track next week,lol.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Love the desciption of the sound......way better than a sound clip!!!! Sounds about like a setup that I would love!!! I would think you lost anything at the track......hopefully gained!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vipzach said:
Love the desciption of the sound......way better than a sound clip!!!! Sounds about like a setup that I would love!!! I would think you lost anything at the track......hopefully gained!!
I will have definitly gained, the question is, will I have gained as much as with a JBA system which sports a larger Y pipe than the 2" on the Zommers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Papa_D said:
I paid about 830.00 through my son in laws shop but I hear you can get them cheaper. I paid 280.00 for Swain techs "White Lightning" ceramic coating and have heard the dealers charging from 550 to 750 for install. As far as track times, let's just say that I will be one of the first people at the track next week,lol.
I am real good friends with the service advisor at my dealership now so I am sure he will probably just charge me an hour labor or so to install headers, it shouldn't be that hard to do with the motor pulled.

He is only charging me an hour labor to put in my lightweight flywheel, new clutch, and timing advance on my Altima. He is really interested to see what my car will do against his stock EVO. I am going to buy him and his wife a nice dinner for the great hookup.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's good to have friends in the right places hope all goes well with the exchange and I'll see you at the races.
:haveredfl

·
Registered
578 Posts
Papa_D do you have any pics of the install? were there any issues? Did your exhaust bolt right up? Also any info on your custom B pipes would be much appreciated

Sorry for the million questions. Ive been on the fence about getting these for quite some time... Im a mod vulture can you tell lol:cheers:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Delta15 said:
Papa_D do you have any pics of the install? were there any issues? Did your exhaust bolt right up? Also any info on your custom B pipes would be much appreciated

Sorry for the million questions. Ive been on the fence about getting these for quite some time... Im a mod vulture can you tell lol:cheers:
This vulture's waiting on some tested cams, circle around with me awhile, lol. I didn't take any pics but sc186 took a bunch and I sure couldn't do any better. As far as problems, getting the nuts off was the toughest thing and I suggest you rent a gorilla for this task. There were no fitment issues and in fact I didn't even jack the engine more than an inch or two to get them in there. No rubbing or codes and the Bpipes are custom made with 2.25 inch magnaflow cats with the 02 bung in them like sc186's (Magnaflow # 94035).
good luck with the upgrade.

·
Registered
224 Posts
glad you like them. "Papa d" missed you at the track on friday. i was the only one there. I ran my truck and smoked my friends F-150. the 24's slowed me down a little but in the end i beat him by 4 car lenghths. oh yaaaa:gunz:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Papa_D said:
This vulture's waiting on some tested cams, circle around with me awhile, lol. I didn't take any pics but sc186 took a bunch and I sure couldn't do any better. As far as problems, getting the nuts off was the toughest thing and I suggest you rent a gorilla for this task. There were no fitment issues and in fact I didn't even jack the engine more than an inch or two to get them in there. No rubbing or codes and the Bpipes are custom made with 2.25 inch magnaflow cats with the 02 bung in them like sc186's (Magnaflow # 94035).
good luck with the upgrade.
Thanks for the info Papa! one more for ya This is my biggest hang up How did you know how long to make the b-pipes to make every thing bolt up?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Delta15 said:
Thanks for the info Papa! one more for ya This is my biggest hang up How did you know how long to make the b-pipes to make every thing bolt up?
I didn't, I bought the cats and then had some custom bpipes made with them by a pro shop, 100.00 with the current cat back system and factory headers still in place. I took a chance that the NISMO headers would bolt right in place and they did.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
comeonitsatitan said:
glad you like them. "Papa d" missed you at the track on friday. i was the only one there. I ran my truck and smoked my friends F-150. the 24's slowed me down a little but in the end i beat him by 4 car lenghths. oh yaaaa:gunz:
Sorry I missed you, I'll be there this week for sure and the weather looks to cooperate.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Papa_D said:
I didn't, I bought the cats and then had some custom bpipes made with them by a pro shop, 100.00 with the current cat back system and factory headers still in place. I took a chance that the NISMO headers would bolt right in place and they did.

Awesome Thank you thats a very useful piece of information:thumbsup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Stillen Lt or NISMO Lt that is the ?,Guess i'll have to wait another week when you run it and get some times for us.I'm sure you cant wait either to see what that baby will do.See if i can hold on to my money for anther week.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dbolemiss said:
Stillen Lt or NISMO Lt that is the ?,Guess i'll have to wait another week when you run it and get some times for us.I'm sure you cant wait either to see what that baby will do.See if i can hold on to my money for anther week.
I'll be sure and post track times but I don't think you could go wrong either way. NISMO just grabbed me with the good finish, fitment and equal length but the Stillen's have reported good gains. I'll be sure to do a performance write up but my tune won't even be used to them for another three weeks. When I first flashed my ECU it took a full three weeks for the tune to come in so you may want to wait at least two weeks for a real comparison.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
truck won't take more than 4-5 back to back to back wot runs to learn ur new flash.. i just re-flashed my truck and thier correction showed up on my third run.. maybe it's cause it was small but dont worry bout hurting this truck drive it like you stole it :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts