Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I looked at header options...I was looking at DT long tubes and pacesetters... I'm interested in DT's but I was thinking of pacesetters and on autoanything.com pacesetters are only for 4wd's.. My question is would these fit my 08 2wd? I almost pulled the trigger but that little detail held me off. Any input would be greatly appreciated guys.. :)

Sent from the dark evil thought creating & bearing caverns TURN AND BURN calls a mind!!...ENJOI! !! And his iPhone! ;)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about the pacesetters. Get the DT, you won't be disappointed. The most popular headers on here are DT, JBA shorties, and a few of us have OBX headers. The OBX headers have a fitting issue on the pass. side, but apparently OBX is now aware and supposedly working on the issue. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten the DTs.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard nothing but bad things about the pacesetters. Get the DT, you won't be disappointed. The most popular headers on here are DT, JBA shorties, and a few of us have OBX headers. The OBX headers have a fitting issue on the pass. side, but apparently OBX is now aware and supposedly working on the issue. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten the DTs.
Well that's nice to know...I was also looking at JBA shorties but I don't have access to a welder so I ruled them out but I heard they were tight as phuck! I'm thinking DT is the way to go...I priced em today and I was just looking for sum valuable input from my TT family... Thanks bro!

Sent from the dark evil thought creating & bearing caverns TURN AND BURN calls a mind!!...ENJOI! !! And his iPhone! ;)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DT stainless is what I was thinking about getting btw...I know they make ceramic coated also but I'm kinda fixed on stainless. ;)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
DTLT's are worth atleast .25 in the 1/4 mile over stock manifolds with cats in them. Some guys gain .3-.35 with them with the right exhaust set-up.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
what is the best headers out right now besides nismo...what about the stillen lt

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm runnin dual maggies at the moment if that helps...idk

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Either get Doug Thorleys or Stillens. Pacesetters are the worst header on the market for the Titan.

I had Thorleys on my T and loved them.

Stillen and DT's are about the same as far as being the best quality/performing.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I am planning to add Stillens at some point.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Dang Jo once you get these on you'll have to get uprev then....:)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang Jo once you get these on you'll have to get uprev then....:)
Yeh I might thnk about it...either that or throw it on the dyno and tune it that way...one step at a time! Lol!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i hear that the faster Ts run stillens, and i plan to get some this summer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
We need some stillen and doug thorley owners to post their times so we can get some comparisons,

It would help me decide which one to get since I will be getting longtubes August or September.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Times will be a good start, but you also have to take into consideration other factors. For example, the driver. A more experienced driver could have a better time with less. Also, different set-ups as well (rest of exhaust, uprev vs. hand-held, etc.) There was a dyno meet a while ago and two titans that were basically the same was a 30 hp difference. One had VVT and the other didn't. Just some things to keep in mind.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Times will be a good start, but you also have to take into consideration other factors. For example, the driver. A more experienced driver could have a better time with less. Also, different set-ups as well (rest of exhaust, uprev vs. hand-held, etc.) There was a dyno meet a while ago and two titans that were basically the same was a 30 hp difference. One had VVT and the other didn't. Just some things to keep in mind.

Yea I was taking that into consideration, so yea using dyno's would help more but then we need them to be using a similar dyno's

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
We need some stillen and doug thorley owners to post their times so we can get some comparisons,

It would help me decide which one to get since I will be getting longtubes August or September.
I can tell you this, danblp/Ben ran hit doug thorley's for a long time and ran countless 1/4 mile times on his Gtech pro unit. He recently switched to Nismos and gained .08 in the 1/4 mile with them and everyone knows that Nismos are the best header with most gains for the T. My point is, if he only gained .08 with them then the DTLT's are obviously worth at least .25 in the 1/4 mile for someone going from stock manifolds with cats in them to LT's.

Reactions: JDos1

·
Registered
407 Posts
that's what I'm hoping for, and now that I have these berk b pipes sitting in the box I'm ready to get my entire system done.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is maybe a dumb dumb question but where do u find nismo heads...cuz I wanted to get those right from jumpstreet but the stealership said they had to come from japan...sound fishy?? Cuz I even tried looking online and there not in stock anywhere...all places I've looked say call for price and availability

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Yea I was taking that into consideration, so yea using dyno's would help more but then we need them to be using a similar dyno's
Even dynos of the same model will have variations.

You'll still have different mods, VVT vs non-VVT etc.

In all honesty I don't think the difference in 1/4 times would be any more than .1 seconds.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
This is maybe a dumb dumb question but where do u find nismo heads...cuz I wanted to get those right from jumpstreet but the stealership said they had to come from japan...sound fishy?? Cuz I even tried looking online and there not in stock anywhere...all places I've looked say call for price and availability

Nismo Titan headers have been discontinued for a while now. You RARELY ever see a set for sale on the forums or even on ebay. If you see a set and want them then expect to pay $800+ for them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts