Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right headlamp is higher than my right, so need to adjust. Looking in the manual, it is a little confusing how high the beams should be. I am attaching the diagram. Am I just missing something here?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
My right side was high and right compared to the left. I took it to the dealer to fix, along with a couple of other minor things.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,751 Posts
superdelish said:
My right headlamp is higher than my right, so need to adjust. Looking in the manual, it is a little confusing how high the beams should be. I am attaching the diagram. Am I just missing something here?
Looks like it's the height from the floor to the center of your headlamp bulb.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,751 Posts
Doh!!!!! :jester:

OK, the best I could do for you, I measured mine and they look like approx. 37.5". (Mine are aligned by the way!)

Hope this will do until someone with the know how can give you the accurate number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
superdelish said:
My right headlamp is higher than my right, so need to adjust. Looking in the manual, it is a little confusing how high the beams should be. I am attaching the diagram. Am I just missing something here?
Shouldn't your dealer be able to do this for you? The drawing is a bit confusing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They should be able to do it, but sometimes it's just easier not to deal with the hassle of taking it in to fix something so simple. The drawing is terrible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
superdelish said:
My right headlamp is higher than my right, so need to adjust. Looking in the manual, it is a little confusing how high the beams should be. I am attaching the diagram. Am I just missing something here?
It is confusing. It would be easier if they just printed H height. Instead I believe you can get the correct aiming with those dimensions because the 53.2 mm dim and 13.3 mm dim will only exist when the H value is set correctly( trigonometry). In other words measure the beam pattern and adjust till you get the 53.2 mm and 13.3 mm values. Once you do the H will be set properly. Unless I'm totally missing something :eh:

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Dimension "H" is a measurement you physically have to measure. It assures your truck is level when adjusting the lamps. If you measure (just an example) 3'-0" from the ground to the actual haedlight center, then 25' away on the screen, the beam should be at 3'-0"...then your truck is level. Then the "Allowable vertical Aiming Area" should be between 2.094" below the measured "H" and .5" above "H". That is the way I see it from an engineers point of view.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
titanized said:
Dimension "H" is a measurement you physically have to measure. It assures your truck is level when adjusting the lamps. If you measure (just an example) 3'-0" from the ground to the actual haedlight center, then 25' away on the screen, the beam should be at 3'-0"...then your truck is level. Then the "Allowable vertical Aiming Area" should be between 2.094" below the measured "H" and .5" above "H". That is the way I see it from an engineers point of view.

After reading my own post...I see it doesn't make sense :boxing: . If your lights need adjusting. then it will not ensure your truck is level. However, once your truck is parked on level ground (or as close as possible). Then take your measurement for "H" on the actual headlight. Then adjust your headlight so that the light is shining with in the "allowable vertical aiming area" 25' away. Sorry for the confusion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
That diagram is a not a Tian

If I'm not mistaken, the diagram is of a Frontier and not a Titan. I wouldn't use the measurements from our little brother.

My right headlight is also aimed too high and have just decided to let the dealer handle it on the 30 day checkup they have lined up for me. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
Red said:
If I'm not mistaken, the diagram is of a Frontier and not a Titan. I wouldn't use the measurements from our little brother.

My right headlight is also aimed too high and have just decided to let the dealer handle it on the 30 day checkup they have lined up for me. Good luck!
Actually the photo of the frontier is a little odd, but that's what it shows in the Titan manual. I was at the dealer the other day and inquired about the headlight settings and sure enough it had a picture of the frontier in the Titan service manual.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top