Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 titan, and both my headlights get alot of moisture in them, is there a way to fix that? I was thinking about buying some new ones but the only ones I can really find is the projector type and I dont want those, I either want clear ones or just the regular OEM type. I have checked on ebay and people that are selling OEM stuff the prices are CRAZY!! Can someone steer me in the right direction?? Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 05 titan, and both my headlights get alot of moisture in them, is there a way to fix that? I was thinking about buying some new ones but the only ones I can really find is the projector type and I dont want those, I either want clear ones or just the regular OEM type. I have checked on ebay and people that are selling OEM stuff the prices are CRAZY!! Can someone steer me in the right direction?? Thanks for your time!
I also have a problem regarding with my headlight assembly. i used to search on ebay but you are ryt, the prices are crazy. anyone who knows where can we find a good and cheaper one? :read:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a set from an '05 Titan that I replaced with projector headlights when I first bought the car in the winter of 2005. I kept it just in case I ever needed them, but I am starting to put them on Craigs List. They are practically brand new. I also have factory chromed side mirrors and tail lights that I also wanted to get rid of as well since I replaced all the tail lights with LED's and added towing mirrors.

Let's me know if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
942 Posts
My driver side headlight was getting moisture in it. Here is what I did to fix it, removed the headlight assembly from the truck,drained the built up condensation from the headlight assembly (also used a hair dryer on high to help the remaining moisture evaporate), got some rubber sealant and beaded it all the way around the headlight seal, let it cure for 12 hrs., then drilled two small holes on the bottom of the headlight assembly, used a 1/8" drill bit. What this did was seal the headlight all the way around so no water can enter, the two holes on the bottom of the assembly I drilled allow the inside of the headlight to be equal in dew point to outside at all times, thereby not allowing condensation to build up. Headlight has been perfect ever since I did this and I did this about 4 months ago. I have driven in the rain (heavy rain), driven on hot, muggy days (North Texas weather), and on cold days with and without rain. Have had zero issues with moisture buildup. Heck of a lot cheaper than buying a whole new headlight assembly. Took about 20 minutes to get the headlight assembly out and about 10 minutes to put everything back together once the sealant cured. I did have a small bit of moisture still in the headlight assembly after I reinstalled it, but I think it was due to the rubber sealant still outgassing. After about two days, the moisture condensed in the headlight assembly was gone once the outgassing stopped and I think also once the pressures equalized between the enclosed headlight assembly and the outside.( pressures probably elevated also due to the outgassing of the rubber sealant still curing).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts