Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i find the connector or harness where the headlight plugs into the truck? I don't really need the headlight harness, just the connector or harness that comes from the engine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
See if the dealer can make you a pigtail for the connector. Or if they sell it separate.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
The dealer will not sell you the pigtails, but they'll sell the whole wiring for a stupid amount of money.. Go to any autoparts store.

L

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer said they can get me the main harness for about $600. If I can just get the connector, maybe I can just butt it in with the pre existing wiring.

Whoever installed the Halo headlights cut off the passenger side connector and butted the wires together. Also the halo headlights are aiming pretty low and I can't adjust them without taking them out. I'm about tempted to just have OEM headlights installed professionally, but I don't want to spend big bucks.

What connector am I looking for?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The dealer said they can get me the main harness for about $600. If I can just get the connector, maybe I can just butt it in with the pre existing wiring.

Whoever installed the Halo headlights cut off the passenger side connector and butted the wires together. Also the halo headlights are aiming pretty low and I can't adjust them without taking them out. I'm about tempted to just have OEM headlights installed professionally, but I don't want to spend big bucks.

What connector am I looking for?
Buy some oem lights used for $200 or less and swap those in. If worse comes to worse you can buy a different plug (male and female set) and cut both plugs off the original light and use the new ones It would just take some testing of voltage which is simple enough.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a place online that carries various OEM parts. I called them and they had the headlight harness for $50 each. Courtesy Parts had them a bit cheaper, but not in stock. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Anyway, I dont really need the plug from the headlight harness. I was talking about the plug on the main wire harness. Good for me is that I found the original plug with what looks to have just enough wire to strip and butt back to the main wire harness.

When I get more time, I may swing by some wreckage yards and see if there are any extra headlight harness I can steal.
Even thought I know it's part of the process to install Halo lights or HID lights, I'm not a big fan of cutting wires.

The reason I ask all this, is because my Titan has halo headlights with H1 bulbs, and an HID light won't work with it without some work that I'm not comfortable doing. I'm either going to put the OEMs back on with HIDs or see if I can find a halo headlight that uses 9005 and 9006 factory bulbs.

I guess while I'm here, are the low beams on projection headlights usually more dim than the OEMs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts