Nissan Titan Forum banner

headlight cover/ moisture

974 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  cneary812 
#1 ·
has anyone tried to have their headlight replaced under warrenty? Mine has has a hairline crack in the corner since I bought it. In the last month the humidity has been really bad and the light has filled up with moisture considerably. Im thinking of taking it in but don't want to have to pay for it.

#2 ·
Yes. I just had my headlight replaced under warranty 2 months ago. It shouldn't be a problem. Do make sure you have them adjust it correctly before leaving though. I left during the daytime so I didn't notice where the beam was pointing, but that night I looked and it was pointing almost straight up in the air. Had to make another appointment to get that adjusted correctly.

#3 ·
thanks, ill bring it in soon

#5 ·
just an update, dealer determined that it was not broken and therefore it was defective. they ordered the new headlight and it is in. they will be putting it on tomorrow (tuesday).

#6 ·
cneary812 said:
just an update, dealer determined that it was not broken and therefore it was defective. they ordered the new headlight and it is in. they will be putting it on tomorrow (tuesday).
That's good to hear. I had my front passenger's side replaced twice due to moisture. Been good since.

#7 ·
baseballfanz said:
That's good to hear. I had my front passenger's side replaced twice due to moisture. Been good since.

Hmm...

Passeger side 2 times sounds like a pattern

#8 ·
the new headlight was installed yesterday and it looks great now! They even adjusted it correctly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.