Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Headlight Assembly

Ok, I finally tired of not being able to see on the windy roads, is there any way to pan (left to right) the headlights? They work alright when I’m cornering to the right, but I can see anything to the left which make it hard to see any ice until I’m on top of it :teeth: . Mine seem to cross each other at about 15 feet away not quite on center but more towards the right, so my high beams do absolutely nothing. I have already needed to adjust them higher so I know were that adjustment screw is but haven’t seen anything about panning them. Is this something I need to go to the dealer to have them fixed?

Been looking throw about 10 pages of headlight threads this morning but haven’t found a answer

Mike

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Do you have Fogs???

Maybe you could kick the left one out farther to help you see...Or add additional "side lights".... Just a suggestion, good luck

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've taken the focus angle down on my fog lights i helped a little but not much, the thing that i don't get is that ive never seen headlight assembly that can't turn them from left to right

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I'm also going with "no horizontal adjustment" is available. I know the issue you are talking about because I notice it driving my 08... you're turning down a dark road and you can't see jack until you're actually on the road.

I'm guessing this is because you, like myself, were possibly used to driving a lower vehicle before the Titan? I know in a lower vehicle 'low beams' reflect more off the road in front of you so when you're turning into a dark area the reflection on the road helps illuminate off to the right or left. I think that because our trucks sit so high that the immediate area in front of the vehicle isn't lit as much which produces a black-out effect in turning.

You just have to adjust to it and take those corners slower - or get used to flipping your brights on and off.

·
Registered
250 Posts
ive noticed this as well i had a maxima before the titan and turning was a lot easier i tried adjusting mine down some to see the road right in front of me more but you loose the distance its just something that you will have to get used 2 adjust them to where your most comfortable and go with it i have not seen any horizontal adjustment either

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went from Driving a F-350 (about 8-9 Mpg Pulling or not) to a 3 series BMW, then My Titan. But the F-350 headlights where really dim compared to My Titan, but at least they had a much larger beam spread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts