Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the stock headlight bulbs in my 07 Titan. Just the bulbs not the entire headlight assembly, no hid or halos etc. I just want a brighter bulb with minimun fuss. Any good recommendations? How are the Sylvania Silverstars? I have seen the commercials and am curious if they are any good or not.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
2007 TITAN LE said:
I am looking to replace the stock headlight bulbs in my 07 Titan. Just the bulbs not the entire headlight assembly, no hid or halos etc. I just want a brighter bulb with minimun fuss. Any good recommendations? How are the Sylvania Silverstars? I have seen the commercials and am curious if they are any good or not.
SilverStars or PIAAs are probably the best. I would stick to the stock wattage though. The drawback is that those coated superwhite bulbs tend to have a shorter lifespan.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Silverstar Ultras for Lows and Highs, I really like them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put PIAA Platinum Super White bulbs in my wife's Maxima, and it made very noticeable difference. I'll be upgrading my 08 KC's headlights next time I get to the big city.

·
Super Moderator
161,677 Posts
So far I've had the Silverstar's in mine since shortly after I bought it. Noticeable difference, and I haven't burned these out, yet. I expected to get about a year's lifespan, but so far, still going. Much whiter light, though not necessarily brighter in output. But it does help quite a bit, IMHO.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The silverstar ultra's are a great way to go. I have them in both of my vehicles and will never use anything else. You may piss off a driver or two with them in the Titan though, I constantly see people hitting the tab on there rear view mirror when I am behind them and the best part is when they switch lanes too!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Silverstar Ultras are the way to go. I put them in one half and checked them out and there is definitely a noticeable difference. I really like them. I looked at them at the local parts store, and they wanted $50 a set. I found them on ebay for about $60 for the 2 sets (9005s and 9006s). Good luck

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
So, if I just wanted to replace my headlight bulbs, would I go with the 9006 or the 9005 Sylvania Silverstar? What's the difference between the two?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thanks, after some research (which I should have done before posting this question) I found that:

9006 - Low Beams
9005 - High Beams

Also, for those of you who have this installed. Is it really worth the $40 or so to have these in there? Does it make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went with the Silver Stars (ultras I think I remember) and the light output wasn't really any greater but the color of the light made all the difference, more crisp white light so without going to an HID yes it was an improvement.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Sweet, I'm thinking about stopping by the auto store and buying some of those tonight. How much of a P.I.T.A were they to put it in? I read in an earlier thread that you have to unscrew the liner in the fender to access the bulbs (not looking like that's going to be fun:grunge: ) Any helpful advice would be appreciated.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Juday said:
Sweet, I'm thinking about stopping by the auto store and buying some of those tonight. How much of a P.I.T.A were they to put it in? I read in an earlier thread that you have to unscrew the liner in the fender to access the bulbs (not looking like that's going to be fun:grunge: ) Any helpful advice would be appreciated.:cheers:
Remove one screw.... reach up and twist.... Takes mere seconds....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ya, like he said you have to unscrew the liner...just one screw (or maybe 2) the cord is a little short so you have to be a bit flexible to get it done. Took me maybe 15 or 20 minutes for all 4 of them. Once you do the first one the rest are really easy.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I agree - they are worth it. Although be careful not to touch them with your fingers or lay them on any surface that is not the cleanest of clean. I accidentally put one on a piece of cardboard before installing it in my wifes car and that light burned out within 6 months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is it worth it to splurge for a set of HID's or just replace the stock with some Ultra's? I have to do something with mine, I just drove 14 hours in the dark and the stock lights (don't have any fog lamps yet) just plain sucked.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Is it worth it to splurge for a set of HID's or just replace the stock with some Ultra's? I have to do something with mine, I just drove 14 hours in the dark and the stock lights (don't have any fog lamps yet) just plain sucked.
I also replaced both my low & hi beam bulbs with Ultra's. Bought them on e-Bay, about $50 shipped for both sets.
I was very impressed with the difference for only 50 semoles...A good set of HID's will set you back $150 and that's just the low beam, and you'll still have the factory yellowish hi beam...I thought about the HID route, but I'll stay with what I got.

I'm not a big fan of fog lights, but I can burn the desert night when I need to...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Well I bought the Silverstar Ultra's last night and installed them (9006 - Low beam only) and there is a major difference between the stock and the Ultras. I've never had lights like these on any of my vehicles and I can definitely say they will be on every vehicle I own from now on. The install was extremely easy (just like you guys said it would be - thanks :cheers: ) and took me about 10 minutes. Now, I just have to save up to get the 9005 - High beams.

I just can't believe how much brighter/crisper the headlights are now. I recommend them 100% to anyone.

BTW, I was extremely careful not to touch the bulbs when I was putting them in the truck. Also, if you were running your headlights prior to the new install, DO NOT TOUCH THE BULBS!!! HOLY CRAP were those things hot:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts