Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to replace the factory bulbs in my headlights, what are the bulbs that make the lights look blue? I have a 2006 Titan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you are looking to actually get H.I.D kits that are "plug and play", I bought mine for around $90 shipped from China off of Ebay. Plug and play means that the entire fixture (bulb, ballasts, and wires) plug directly into your stock system without any wiring what-so-ever. The only thing you would have to do is take double-sided tape and mount the ballasts (box that converts the power) under your hood, then plug in the wires from the stock housing to the new ones as instructed in the directions.

If you are looking for the headlights that are hyperwhite/blueish halogen blubs, they run about $30 shipped and the ones I used to have are made by a company called Nokya. They are by-far the best lights to own if you want a stock bulb upgrade. The same company also makes yellow bulbs for the fog lights so you can get the true off-road fog light appearance.

The link for the blueish 9006 Nokya bulb is:
http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_14&products_id=372&zenid=bb32a9e841b5f44556c6ba8add77dbf0

The link for the 893 yellow Nokya bulb is:
http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_13&products_id=350&zenid=bb32a9e841b5f44556c6ba8add77dbf0

Keep in mind that Nokya makes all different sizes and colors of bulbs for our Nissan Titan applications. Hope this helps out your questions, and if you need anymore info, just ask:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
safetyman87 said:
I am wanting to replace the factory bulbs in my headlights, what are the bulbs that make the lights look blue? I have a 2006 Titan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
blueish headlights may look good but they have some bads you might wanna know.

aftermarket HIDs are not legal. I've never heard of ppl getting tickets yet, however you will not pass state inspection. (unless you get lucky) Our headlight housing is not made for HID bulbs, it will give bad glare to other drivers, the reason why aftermarket HIDs are not street legal.

halogen lights with blue tint might be real cheap way to get you blueish white lights, but you're gonna have hard time seeing what's in front of you at rainy nights. plus they have short life.

·
Registered
195 Posts
VTtitanVT said:
aftermarket HIDs are not legal. I've never heard of ppl getting tickets yet, however you will not pass state inspection. (unless you get lucky) Our headlight housing is not made for HID bulbs, it will give bad glare to other drivers, the reason why aftermarket HIDs are not street legal.
I agree with him, but only partially. I am not sure on the inspection part as Florida did away with state inspections, so depending where you are you will have to further investigate the regulations of inspection.

As far as legality is concerned, I haven't heard of these kits being illegal. Maybe in a few local districts enforced by local law enforcement, but as a nationwide law, I'm not too sure about that. I would assume that if it were illegal to have them, you would hear about plenty of people being pulled over.

VT is right that our headlight housing isn't technically made for HID, however there is a thread around this forum telling which bulb to use (provided you go with a true HID kit). HID kits can be used with our trucks and, with the proper bulb, can provide excellent lighting without the all the added glare that annoys other drivers. Just research the kits and I'm sure someone will chime in with the link to the HID bulb guideline to reduce glare. I think the bulb needs to be a D2R bulb.

The halogen lights that I showed in the links posted in my last post are great upgrades for stock halogen bulbs. I saw perfectly at night and during foul weather situations. You may have to choose some of the other options by Nokya as far as colors go (depending on your preference), but they work much better than the stock bulbs that come with our truck:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will probably go with the Silverstars, are they more of a brilliant white compared to the stock bulbs? And if I change them are the fog lights going to look dull compared to the headlights?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
VTtitanVT said:
blueish headlights may look good but they have some bads you might wanna know.

halogen lights with blue tint might be real cheap way to get you blueish white lights, but you're gonna have hard time seeing what's in front of you at rainy nights. plus they have short life.
could you please show me where you heard hids are illegal ? i know you said aftermarket but all high end cars have them now....

·
Registered
168 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
could you please show me where you heard hids are illegal ? i know you said aftermarket but all high end cars have them now....
The legality of any vehicle modifications are state specific. In California, we have a law against excessively noisy exhaust systems (it's extremely vague for vehicles whose GVWR is over 6000 pounds like my truck). In other states, you can't have a modified exhaust system at all!

Check with your local law enforcement agency. Or just search for your state's vehicle code. Don't rely on other people's interpretation! :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
killcatzforfun said:

I have heard this, BUT if the car comes with them already its ok... also if u get a headlight housing that is made for HIDs to replace the stalk ones... then that is ok as well.... but puttin HIDs into our stock headlights, that are NOT made for HIDS, is said to be illegal..

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
timid1 said:
The legality of any vehicle modifications are state specific. In California, we have a law against excessively noisy exhaust systems (it's extremely vague for vehicles whose GVWR is over 6000 pounds like my truck). In other states, you can't have a modified exhaust system at all!

Check with your local law enforcement agency. Or just search for your state's vehicle code. Don't rely on other people's interpretation! :)
yeah heres hids arent illegal because i actualy went in to ask about it since i was going to run two sets at one time and i wanted to make sure and it was fine. also if the cop can here your motor, exaust (idle)or stereo over 20 feet away you can get the 20ft ticket lol.. other then that its really not strict at all...my friend was riding in his evo for a full week with straight downpipe waiting for the rest to come in the mail and it was LOUD !

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
read all the local statutes, you'd be surprised how much is illegal. I was looking them up and it said when running 4 light (low beams and fogs) they can't be over 300 candle power. How you are suppose to measure that i have no idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts