Nissan Titan Forum banner

Heated seats question

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  DJ"STOY 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 crew cab LE. I never noticed this before but does anyone know which part of the seat gets heated? Cushion and lumbar both, or one or the other? Mine is the lumbar area only and I thought it needed to be fixed since the cushion was not heating. I called 3 different dealers and 2 said the cushion should be heated only and 1 said the lumbar only. So I'm confused. Can some of you tell me how your heated seats are heating? I really thought both cushion and lumbar should be heated. I'm approaching the end of my extended warranty and I'd like to fix it if possible.

#6 ·
#5 ·
I use my butt to heat my seats. Do you really mean that Titans have seats that will heat my butt? :redblob"

#8 ·
They BOTH heat up. I had a seat bottom that the heat stopped working in the Armada, i was off warranty, so I ordered the heat element (sticky backed) with the factory plug and it took about 2 hours to remove the seat, remove the leather, replace the element and plug in, then re-install. One dealer qouoted me $600 to do it and said the whole bottom cushion and leather needed replacing. Spoke to another parts guy and he said just order the element for $60 and do it yourself.

Only tough part were the little hog clips (like a metal c-clip that is bent holding part of the seat leather surface to the cushion together), i had to pry them apart and save them to bend back together. Pretty easy without a diagram or manual to do. Just took a few brews and some time.

#12 ·
D-Hammer, where did you find the heater element? I need one for my 06 driver side. please let me know, having a very hard time finding anything in Canada for parts. thanks.
Got mine at Brasso in Calgary....I did have to talk to 2 different people since they pull it up on the diagram and it looks like the whole seat cushion is one part number, but further investigation showed they could order the piece separately, I just pressed them a bit and one guy walked by and said yup you can order it separately over here and he flipped to the diagram on the computer, not sure exactly where they looked, but that's how it went for me. They did hook me up and it was about $60, had to order it in though. Maybe further down the list of parts on the exploded parts diagram.

#11 ·
I think someone said on here if you apply too much pressure on the element it will break, (such as kneeling on it) the power can't travel as a circuit & the element will not heat up. I think that's what happen to mine, my back one works on both high and low, but the seat bottom got nothing and I can't find anyone who sells the part in Canada.

#13 ·
Thanks Hammer, Is Brasso a nissan dealership or a parts store? I've never heard of it. I've seen the diagram you're talking about on a US website of course they don't ship to Canada, or shipping is twice as much as the part, but thanks again I'll Google Brasso.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.