Nissan Titan Forum banner

Heater/ac troubles?

712 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  noel55 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Titan. Around 156k miles and I’m starting to think it’s a lemon. Window motors, blower motor, heater/ac/flow control under hood, ac condenser, AC hoses have all messed up and needed replacing. A while back, my outside air temp would just go blank (- - two dashes), the ac/heat switch panel would go dark and quit working and the blower motor would run wide open no matter what you did with the knobs. It happened intermittently but never bothered me as it wasn’t my daily driver and you could usually hit the dash under the vents by the radio and it would go back to working. Well, in the last few weeks I sold my daily and am now driving the Titan and the blower motor is stuck wide open, the panel isn’t working and neither is the outside air temp. I have replaced the blower motor, the blower motor resistor, the outside air temp sensor and have tried another ac/heat switch panel. Nothing. It’s getting cooler in SC and I take my oldest son to school early in the mornings before I go into UPS so I need working heat/ac for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
At 156,000 miles it’s not a lemon. Did you use OEM parts? Is your blend door possibly stuck? Did you check fuses? I guess it’s just possible as you put new parts on the strain maybe increases on the older ones and it’s a kind of domino affect if I follow you right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
How is the battery? I’ve had and heard of all kinds of strange problems caused by an aged battery.

The last time mine went it just didn’t feel as strong starting. Sure enough a few weeks later it was dead.

That time I was able to jump start it but on another vehicle the battery died and could not be jumpstarted at all. With those two there was zero warning.

Yet others would give strange electrical issues.

If your battery is more than 5 years old it’s a good idea to replace it.

#6 ·
Question my valve I have to manually open I have only turned on the defrost and changed vent setups on controls. Heat is now not working. Twice it has done this why does it shut it but not open it I checked the gears and the white one zero sign of anything broken I would thing if the electronic valve is bad it wouldn’t work at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.