Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'04 Titan. Just recently had a -30deg cold spell. Once it started to warm up I heard a really load pop come from the vents when I would turn the truck on for about 2 days. Ever since then the heater vents do not seem to produce much air even though the blower seems to be operating at full capacity. I did notice that the floor vent located by the accelerator does not open when i switch from defrost to floor.

When I start the truck the floor vent actuator seems to operate. It looks like it opens all of the way finds it's home position then closes. Maybe it's not homing properly??

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the same problem every year. My truck went into the shop 3 times for this. Each time they had to tear apart the dash and install the part. So far so good since last time but if it breaks again I'm gonna lose my mind!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
'04 Titan. Just recently had a -30deg cold spell. Once it started to warm up I heard a really load pop come from the vents when I would turn the truck on for about 2 days. Ever since then the heater vents do not seem to produce much air even though the blower seems to be operating at full capacity. I did notice that the floor vent located by the accelerator does not open when i switch from defrost to floor.

When I start the truck the floor vent actuator seems to operate. It looks like it opens all of the way finds it's home position then closes. Maybe it's not homing properly??

Anyone have any suggestions?
IF it's not heating up, could be a bad radiator cap, bad thermostat/clogged sensor, stripped gear opening intake doors...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's heating up just fine, and the blower is blowing full blast, but i don't think the electronics dampers (vents) are opening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts