Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here,

Just purchased my 2011 Nissan Titan Pro4x (White of course:hi: )

So here is my problem, On more than one occassion I get out to my truck when I need to be somewhere and don't have time to let the truck sit for 5 minutes to warm up.

The vehicle is started. I let her settle for a short time, and don't throw it right into R. So i've waited a short time and place the truck into R and it shifts HARD into R. I've tried shifting it into gear slower and it seems like it revs up before the HARD shift (not sure if the rev up is just more noticeable with the Titan or not.)

So I put the truck from R down to D and for about the time it takes to get out of a small driveway I get a rubbing noise. I've had numerous friends listen to it and nobody can tell what it is. The truck must be moving and it sounds like it's coming from underneath.

The first time i heard it I actually got out of my truck to makes sure I wasn't just magically rubbing my bumper against another vehicle. So I hope that clarifies this (rubbing sound), just not sure of where the origination of it is.

Thanks for any helps of tips fellas. I hope to be around these forums a bit more i love my new Titan.

BTW 700 Miles on this hog.

·
Premium Member
72,331 Posts
Stealership time! Make them find, and fix the problem!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea, no kidding..... make them fix it or ask for a refund or another truck.....LOL. That'll get their attention!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh it's definitely going back to the dealership. Unfortunately it's 53 (non 60mph speed zones) away to the dealership. So trying to at least get an idea from some folks with some experience with a similar issue maybe before I go.

I mean seriously, on my front bumper on the center peice at the corner they actually MISSED a decent sized spot with paint. I didn't notice cuz it looks like they at least ran over it once, then skipped it every other time.

So needless to say not too happy and will be driving 53 miles (which will probably make me angrier at these ridiculous gas prices).

I may have to pull my Marine Iraq and Afghan vet that is pissed stage and actually make them work in a timely manner.

·
Premium Member
72,331 Posts
Best of luck!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Drop the truck off, make them give you a loaner car and leave it with them for a while, give them time to make it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts