Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, quick questions for those who have installed 3 Hella 500 lights in the lower bumper opening:

1) Did you leave the original plastic insert in place? If so, were you able to aim the lights to your liking?

2) Did you just leave the license plate frame in the stock location?

I'm asking because I just finished installing my 500's (not able to check the aim tonight) in the usual spot using the 3 holes. I left the plastic insert in and the front license plate frame in the original location. I've aimed the 500's down as far as they can go with the grille insert preventing any further downward aim. From a side view the 500's appear to be pointed downwards enough. And the front license plate looks fine, plenty of clearance from the lights.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Pictures? ? ?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Side view:

To my eye they do point below level, and since they are driving beams they should be OK?

I bought these from eBay, but the seller accidentally sent a 500FF, so I'm waiting for a regular 500 driving:

I'm using a 75A Tyco relay along with a 8 AWG primary with fuse and 3 separate 14 AWG feeds to each driving light. I plan on using 100w bulbs:

eBay switch:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks awesome! I'm thinking about getting the black magic 500's for my truck

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love those black magics i post up the writeup on how i did this on club titan will get it up here one day

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love those black magics i post up the writeup on how i did this on club titan will get it up here one day

Looks good! Are you going to go with 100w bulbs?

And WTH is that in your front bumper?

Reactions: Finn's Brood

·
Registered
273 Posts

That is EXACTLY what I wanna do! Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Bought 2 sets of Hella Black Magic 500's Driving lights Mounted them up on the front bumper seen this done on a few trucks loved it so I wanted to do it to mine. Heres how I did it. My Rocker switch isnt going to be in until Monday so ill post up some pics of it installed in the interior when I get it.

Im not completely happy with the way it turned out so Im going to rip it apart and use a piece of flatbar in there to space them out evenly.

4 nice stock mounting brackets just need to be bent a little bit

Wasnt able to bend with the bumper installed so its got to come off OMG what a PITA that was had to dis mantle the whole front end

Found a nice spot Nissan had some nuts welded in right behind the battery and I had a few bolts left over from the parts finder that fit it perfectly so i gots my relays all mounted up nicely

back together and ready to be wired and mounted

And mounted

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WTH is that thing in your bumper?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Hey guys, quick questions for those who have installed 3 Hella 500 lights in the lower bumper opening:

1) Did you leave the original plastic insert in place? If so, were you able to aim the lights to your liking?

2) Did you just leave the license plate frame in the stock location?

I'm asking because I just finished installing my 500's (not able to check the aim tonight) in the usual spot using the 3 holes. I left the plastic insert in and the front license plate frame in the original location. I've aimed the 500's down as far as they can go with the grille insert preventing any further downward aim. From a side view the 500's appear to be pointed downwards enough. And the front license plate looks fine, plenty of clearance from the lights.
Yes, I left the plastic in place.
I removed the front license plate and bracket.

And Nismo, WHAT IS THAT ON YOUR BUMPER?? ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
its a magnate bowl to put the bolts and nuts in :D

Reactions: Lurchdubious

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a magnate bowl to put the bolts and nuts in :D
Uh ok..a magnetic parts bowl...jeez it totally looks like part of your front bumper.

I'm also considering remounting mine in the lower 4 holes because in the upper 3 the lights are a little "bucktooth" and it'd be easy to damage them in a slight parking bump...at least on the lower 4 mounts they sit in a bit and have protection from the bumper...

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Uh ok..a magnetic parts bowl...jeez it totally looks like part of your front bumper.

I'm also considering remounting mine in the lower 4 holes because in the upper 3 the lights are a little "bucktooth" and it'd be easy to damage them in a slight parking bump...at least on the lower 4 mounts they sit in a bit and have protection from the bumper...
Yes, I have bumped mine at the gas station but luckily did not break.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Totally broke one of mine a few months ago in a parking garage. Large bolt was sticking out of the wall and I didn't see it. Had the lights been 1/4" more recessed I wouldn't have cracked the light.

I'm a lot more careful about where I park now ;).

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I plan on keeping the lights where they are. They look good that way, and I'll just try and not "bump" into anything with them...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts