Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a close up or good pic of their titan with the hella 500s in the lower air dam? Thinking about getting and wonder how they will look from the side or close up. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK, maybe this is a dumb question but I'm new to this so please bear with me.

I'm wanting to add three auxiliary driving lights to the lower bumper opening of my 2011 T. For example, Hella 500 Black Magic. When looking at some of the online stores that sell them they list the mounting as "upright" and the pictures of the front view of the lenses shows "top" written at the top of the glass lens. I will need to mount these upside down as n2titan's instructions linked above show. Is that a potential problem at all? I can't see how it would be a problem with driving lights...I don't think the beam pattern has a cutoff at the top that would not work if reversed 180 degrees. Am I looking at this wrong?

Thanks for any info.

PS Just looked at the Hella website and they show the standard 500 series lights as upright or pendant mount while they list the 500 Black Magic lights as upright...no mention of pendant. What could the difference be? My truck is a galaxy black Pro-4x and I really like the look of the black magic 500s.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the mounting they list is for if you plan on using their covers that say Hella on them. The covers will only go on one way so if you mount the light upside down to their standards the cover will be upside down. I mounted my 500's upside down and don't use the covers as they look kinda 1980's anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts