Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a 2017 4wd Titan XD Cummings for a decent price with 90,000ish miles.
Big question is...
Are these XD diesels worth it or do I believe the horror stories I read about.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
832 Posts
There are tons of peeps that have the diesels with NO issues or problems. On the other side of the isle is $16,000 repair bills for HPFP once out of warranty and reliability issues. There is 100 reasons why Nissan stopped making the Titans with the Cummins in them. I would 100% buy a gasser any day over the diesel, especially since it would be out of warranty… BUT having it checked out and gone over thoroughly with someone you know and trust it might check out and run 100,000 more miles without issue.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,220 Posts
if you live somewhere that you can remove that def system, i hear the engine is great. but if you have to keep it in place, i would pass.

well, i would pass anyways because all the times i have looked at ford and dodge diesels, i could never justify in my mind having a 3/4 or 1 ton truck for the stuff i do.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,220 Posts
that cool that they actually have a picture of the titan on the site. normally no one has anything for the trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts