Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say I have been trolling the site for several hours and there is a TON of info on here. I just bought a 2008 Titan SE Crew Cab. It is Galaxy Black with the chrome front (center) and rear bumpers. I am wanting the truck to be ALL black, am I correct in assuming I should find an XE front bumper or can the chrome piece be swapped out for a black one? I have seen the threads about swapping the xe for se so i'm assuming i have to get a whole new bumper. Is the xe rear bumper color matched as well? Thanks for the info and if thats what i'm going to have to do, let me know if anyone has a black set they want to sell or trade! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
It's not for me but there are about 10 thousand posts about murder and bedliner all the chrome on the T. That might be an option for you rather than replacing parts. Congrats on the purchase I think an 08 SE is a good choice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not for me but there are about 10 thousand posts about murder and bedliner all the chrome on the T. That might be an option for you rather than replacing parts. Congrats on the purchase I think an 08 SE is a good choice.
Thanks I am wanting the parts to be Galaxy black if anything....I have already ordered a replacement upper and lower black billet grill so maybe i just leave the center piece chrome if its a huge deal or see if i can pick one up at a salvage yard...

I saw a rollpan for sale on the forum as well but i want to install a receiver hitch and from what i have read you can't install a hide a hitch and flip up tag and still keep your spare...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome to TT. XE rear bumpers are the silver/light gray color.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you want to replace your bumpers, try and find the pro-4x bumpers... both front and back are color matched. And with the XE front bumper, it's plastic instead of metal... So if you want to keep the metal you definitely need to find a pro-4x bumper or get yours painted to match.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Welcome to TT & Congrats. I had an 07 SE and researched this when I had it. I was told that the XE could not be swapped out with the SE b/c they were assembled differently. I was going to have it painted to match and no one wanted to do it saying that it wouldn't stay on or would cost a lot to do it rt (getting the chrome off) so I traded it for a pro4x.:) I have to say though some of the guys on here are very creative and skilled and can make what seems impossible possible.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Welcome man! Watch out for that mod bug that's flying around. LOL Congrats

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good luck! Ice had mine since last Saturday and have dropped well over two grand so far

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks i have already spent $5k and just got it last week! I know all about the mod bug! So it looks like i need to find some Galaxy black Pro-4x bumpers next!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts