Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to report we made it safe and sound to Tampa on Saturday evening. It was such a comfortable ride that we actually drove further each night than we originally planned to. Gas prices are a little high in a few places - $1.52 was the lowest and $1.91 the highest.

Average mileage was right at 15.2 for the trip down. Kept the cruise control at 80 most of the way except for a few construction zones. ONly bad spot was outside of Atlanta where they took a 4 lane down to a 1 lane at the top of a hill. That little experience took us 2 hours of inching forward. Talked to a few truck drivers while siting in that mess. Got a lot of compliments on the truck as well.

Only saw one other Titan - a White XE from Georgia while we were driving through Florida. Pulled alongside of them and was met with a blank look. Either they weren't paying attention or they didn't understand that all Titan onwers are supposed to acknowledge each other :)

Taking the truck to a local Nissan dealer for an oil change on Thursday morning before heading back North. Looking forward to seeing how they treat out of state visitors.

All in all the truck handled perfectly. The radio seemed to work real well and the Nav System was dead on everytime. We even had it programmed to take us to a few out of the way shopping / touristy sites sites and it never missed.

We will be back in Chicago Saturday or Sunday and let you know the final mileage report for a 4250 mile trip.

Take care all and drive safely.

·
Registered
152 Posts
rrumaner said:
Happy to report we made it safe and sound to Tampa on Saturday evening. It was such a comfortable ride that we actually drove further each night than we originally planned to......
We will be back in Chicago Saturday or Sunday and let you know the final mileage report for a 4250 mile trip.

Take care all and drive safely.
rrumaner: I'm glad you all made it down to FLA safely and that the Titan did well. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe drive back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
rrumaner said:
Average mileage was right at 15.2 for the trip down. Kept the cruise control at 80 most of the way except for a few construction zones.
Glad you had a good trip rrumaner. I drove to St. Petersburg and back over the weekend on a tank of gas. Very little city driving, cruise control in mid-70's when the traffic would support it and milage was similar at 15.3 mpg.

What a nice ride and great view of the road.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Glad you made it safely down here RR, you guys came at a good time, not to hot and the weather was great.

Hope you had a good trip and make it home safely.

:upsidedow

·
Registered
359 Posts
Very glad to hear from ya, and that all went well on the trip down! :) It's great to get to spend that much quality time with your Titan, isn't it!

This message reminds me of a joke I'd like share...
A retired couple from NY planned a Florida trip; he would drive down first, then she would fly down a day later...when he checked into the condo, he decided it was too late to call and wake her, so he sent this email: "Dear wife, well, you always said I'd wind up down here...sure is hot!!! Looking forward to you joining me down here tomorrow!" He sent the email but misspelled her address by one letter...it was recieved by a new widow who had just returned from her husband's funeral...she read it and promptly fainted! :jester:

Roy, have a great time and enjoy the Titan trip home! :cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Briarman said:
This message reminds me of a joke I'd like share...
A retired couple from NY planned a Florida trip; he would drive down first, then she would fly down a day later...when he checked into the condo, he decided it was too late to call and wake her, so he sent this email: "Dear wife, well, you always said I'd wind up down here...sure is hot!!! Looking forward to you joining me down here tomorrow!" He sent the email but misspelled her address by one letter...it was recieved by a new widow who had just returned from her husband's funeral...she read it and promptly fainted! :jester:
Very good Briarman......THAT is my type of Humor!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts