Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a copy/paste of the PDF instructions, I did not feel the need to re-invent the wheel. If there is anything I missed let me know and I'll update the thread.

TORQUE TABLE
BOLT SIZE: 3/8” = 20-30 ft. lbs. – 7/16” = 35-45 ft. lbs. – ½” = 50-70 ft. lbs. – 9/16” = 70-90 ft. lbs.

SAFETY: BEFORE STARTING YOUR INSTALLATION, BE SURE TO SET PARKING BRAKE AND CHOCK THE WHEELS.

NOTE: TO EASE INSTALLATION AND TO PROPERLY ADJUST BAR, THE WEIGHT OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON THE SUSPENSION, AS IF DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD. DO NOT RAISE THE VEHICLE BY THE FRAME.

NOTE: THIS UNIT IS DESIGNED TO MOUNT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE AXLE WITH THE ARMS OF THE SWAY BAR POINTING TOWARDS THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE.

NOTE: THIS KIT INCLUDES LOCKNUTS WHICH REQUIRE TIGHTENING WITH A WRENCH AFTER BEING STARTED BY HAND.

1. Install the U-bolts over the axle with the legs towards the ground. Insert the saddle brackets through the legs of the U-bolts. Install a hex nuts to temporarily support the saddle brackets to the axle. They will be removed later. Taking care as not to damage the brake or fuel lines mounted on the axle.

2. Locate and insert the D-shaped poly bushings in as close a location that the bushings will contact the U-bolts and saddle brackets installed on the rear axle. Position the U-plate brackets over the bushings. Remove the hex nuts supporting the saddle brackets, insert the legs of the U-bolts thru the holes of the U-plate brackets over the bushings. Tighten the 1/2” hex nuts on the U-bolts just enough to support the sway bar to the axle. Leave loose at this time to allow for adjustment later.

3. Locate the threaded frame brackets on top of the frame rail. Attach the frame brackets with the welded clevis using the 7/16” x 5-1/2” cap screws. Take care as not to damage any electrical wires, brake or fuel lines that run along the vehicles frame. Note that the cap screws will be pointing towards the vehicles body ( up ). Leave loose to allow for adjustment later.

4. Locate the end links and assemble with the poly bushings. Insert the hour glass poly bushings through the welded ends of the end links. Insert the steel sleeves through the hour glass poly bushings. ( To ease installation lightly grease the steel sleeve and the hour glass bushing before assembling ).

5. Insert the end links into the clevis of the frame brackets and attach using the 7/16” x 2-1/4” cap screw and locknut. Leave loose to allow for adjustment later.

6. Raise the arms of the sway bar and install the end link bushings on the arms of the sway bar as shown in the photos with the locknut on the bottom of the end link. Tighten the nuts until the poly bushings start to bulge. Do not over tighten or damage can occur to the poly bushings.

7. With the sway bar centered and the end links straight up and down as possible, torque all mounting components to the specified rates. Note that the bend on the sway bar arms will be towards the top of the vehicle.

8. Bounce the vehicle and check for clearance on under carriage components, shocks, exhaust, electrical wires, brake and fuel lines.

9. Test drive your vehicle recheck your installation readjust and tighten as needed. After one week of driving re check your installation re-torque as needed. Recheck your installation on a monthly regular basis thereafter.

This is a Heavy Duty Sway Bar! I was concerned at first that the end links would not be stable, however once everything was tightened down the sway bar and end links are very stable!

With just the little bit of driving I did after the install I was able to notice the lack of roll when turning corners! This sway bar brought much needed roll stability to the rear end!

Before/During/After Installation Pictures:

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
SWEEEET!!!!! I know your loving that thing!

I gotta get a NISMO sticker for mine! You have NISMO EVERYTHING!!!! :eyebrow:

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEEEET!!!!! I know your loving that thing!

I gotta get a NISMO sticker for mine! You have NISMO EVERYTHING!!!! :eyebrow:
lol the nismo sticker was gary748's idea, and I have to say it was a good one!

it took me 2 hrs to install it...got a slow start, ended up putting up on the lift then eating a quick breakfast.

it was a tedious task to get all of the brackets and U bolts just where I wanted them. I ended up slightly bending the metal break line on the top of the right side of the axle to give the U bolt a lil clearance so that it would not rub up against it.

all in all it was a fun mod to put on, I really enjoy doing this stuff and can't wait to tackle the Headers!

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
You missed the good part though....

How does it feel now in the turns??? :)

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

it took me 2 hrs to install it...got a slow start, ended up putting up on the lift then eating a quick breakfast.

it was a tedious task to get all of the brackets and U bolts just where I wanted them. I ended up slightly bending the metal break line on the top of the right side of the axle to give the U bolt a lil clearance so that it would not rub up against it.

all in all it was a fun mod to put on, I really enjoy doing this stuff and can't wait to tackle the Headers!

How did I not know there would be a NISMO sticker on that thing there somewhere LOL, bout as bad as me with those things. New hood ornament and ON deck wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
I love those rims!!!!!!!!! :coolsmile

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

Congrats on the new mod! Looks great with the Nismo decal. I may have to do something similar and remove my Stillen decal. LOL

How did I not know there would be a NISMO sticker on that thing there somewhere LOL, bout as bad as me with those things. New hood ornament and ON deck wheels.

Looks good Corky!

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Congrats on the new mod! Looks great with the Nismo decal. I may have to do something similar and remove my Stillen decal. LOL

Looks good Corky!
Yeah I have one of those too, hidden strategically under the hood, but slowly removing that stuff as I go with it. Still have the sway bar up front, but that will be the last remaining item on it. And yep, the exhaust is going away next week. New post coming for that.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Trucks looking real good. What other Nismo parts you going to do next?

I got a better idea, you can just take the stillen rear sway bar off and give it to me? :eyebrow:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Trucks looking real good. What other Nismo parts you going to do next?

I got a better idea, you can just take the stillen rear sway bar off and give it to me? :eyebrow:
Cash, check or charge? LOL

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
went to chili's tonight for a jalapeno and maple bacon cheeseburger basket...

did some lightly spirited driving in town and took corners with some aggression and all I can say is I'm glad I have this sway bar! what a difference it makes cornering or just going around bends...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
went to chili's tonight for a jalapeno and maple bacon cheeseburger basket...

did some lightly spirited driving in town and took corners with some aggression and all I can say is I'm glad I have this sway bar! what a difference it makes cornering or just going around bends...
The RSB is a game changer for the Titan. Should have come from the factory with one.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

ROFLMAO, can't wait either till you get to tackle the headers too, bout two nuts into that manifold you will be going F&%^ IT !!! Then you will spend the next three weeks typing with your toes because your fingers won't move with all the scabs covering your hands. Don't forget about that six lug tattoo on your belly from hanging in over that hub all day on both sides mind you. At least line up the lugs since you don't want a 12 lug tattoo. When it comes time to re-torque em all, you will just say screw it, they can fall off for all I care LOL. You won't really say it was all worth it until you heal and can stand upright again.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i agree 110%!

i read somewhere that nissan decided against rsb because 4x4 travel would be limited due to rsb...is this true?
Logical assumption, the 4WD guys now don't like the front one sometimes because it hampers the front suspension articulation. Personally, I wouldn't give Nissan that much credit, some bean counter said " Hey we can save 50 cent here ya know".

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Cash, check or charge? LOL
Haha I wish you would give it up that easily. My paypal is always ready for a mod or two.

If you ever do think about getting rid of it let me know. I want the stillen rear to match the front, and they don't make/sell it anymore. Even though yours might not fit my lifted truck, I think Kyle at Stillen said he could try and get the extended braket or I can have one of the vendors with the technology to fab one up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts