Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, after my intsall of the front sway bar, I was so impressed with the handling I wanted to purchase a rear sway bar. The answer came from Hellwig. I ordered is from autoaccessoriesgarage for $225 shipped. Took about 2 weeks cause the site just started carrying Hellwig and I was one of the first to purchase something from that manufacture. Basically I was a hampster. Anyways, I got it, install was baout 40 minutes...I did it in the dark with a LED light stick as my light. The kit doesn't utilize any of the factory holes. Intstead a clamp feature wraps itself around the frame and send the rest of the weight to the rear axles thru a rod connected to the the 1'' sway bar. First impressions on the test drive......the rear isn't out of control. At 40mph I could keep the truck stable and if I wanted to...add alittle juice and oversteer. Also, on hard launches I notice that I have better traction out of the hole seeing that the sway bar is putting even weight on the rubber....therefore...faster acceleration. This kit should be complimented with a set of Bilstiens...which I will order later. It doesn't have the big affect like the front sway bar...but put into consideration....we aren't driving in the back of the truck...the the pro's outweight the cons. I recommend this to anyone that tows or wants a stable ride.
I'll post pics later...stay tuned.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Would this eliminate my ability to do cool fishtails with the vdc off?

·
Registered
420 Posts
BRACEYOSELF777 said:
I would make you able to do more controled fish tales. :blueblob:
ahhhh i see :) i would definitly be interested in both front and rear sway bars down the road. Perhaps complimented with some Bilstein rear shocks.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I know a while ago, people were ordering direct from Hellwig for a little less. You may want to search it out in the performance section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts