Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have helo maxx 6 wheels. If so what are your likes or dislikes. I think these are the wheels i am going to get if feedback is positive

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I have chrome HeloMaxx6, 17X10 w/ 5" backspace, mounted 35X12.5R17... I like the easy cleaning edges and smooth surface, no tight corners... the only thing I don't like much is the snap-on center cap, which is plastic... Of course, after my OEM brakes get worn down, I'm gonna do the big break upgrade and will be letting these go...

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRTYAZN said:
I have chrome HeloMaxx6, 17X10 w/ 5" backspace, mounted 35X12.5R17... I like the easy cleaning edges and smooth surface, no tight corners... the only thing I don't like much is the snap-on center cap, which is plastic... Of course, after my OEM brakes get worn down, I'm gonna do the big break upgrade and will be letting these go...
Great info,thanks When are you thinking of getting rid of them I would be intrested in the helo's. I'm in no rush

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have them if you plan on going with 35 watch the offset cause I had to do alot of trimming.
The only wheels Id trade for are the rockstars by KMC because these chromies are hard to keep clean, and I hate taking the time to clean them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
No complaints from me. I really don't take care of mine too well and they still look good. They have even been through a NH winter with all the snow. The 17" have like 5" of backspacing. My wheels rub with the mudguards, but does not bug me enough for me take the mudguards off.

·
Registered
155 Posts
my mind is made up I am going with the maxx6..get pic of the chrome truck nutz up..mine are camo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started this thread over a year ago to ask opinions about helo maxx 6 wheels. I was surprised when I got an e-mail the other day saying someone had responded to such an old thread. Since then I have bought these wheels and mounted bfg's on them.

Here is a little advise if you are considering helo wheels. DON"T!!!!!!! They suk Bought them at town fair tire. They took two weeks longer to get then they were susposed to because someone at helo forgot to send them out. When they finally came there were spots on all four wheels that had no chrome, sent them back. Helo said too bad they were within tolerances. I freaked out and town fair ate the damaged wheels and ordered me 4 more,2 came thru same way, spots without chrome- sent them back- helo exchanged them. When the 2 new ones came in 1 had the same problem again, sent it back, called helo myself instead of going thru dealer to complain. Was told by the guy at helo this does happen , he was sorry but they send out so many wheels and there are only 2 guys in the warehouse so they don't have time to inspect wheels before they go out. They replaced the 1 and when it came back it had the wrong bore size, sent it back, they sent another. FINALLY 4 DECENT WHEELS!!! DECENT NOT PERFECT LIKE CHROME SHOULD BE!!! This all took like 5 allmost 6 months. Now after 7 months of running them IN THE SUMMER they are starting to pit all 4 of them. I've chaulked it up as a loss.
So lets do the math 13 wheels to get 4 good ones, if you want to call them that, i shure wouldn't

1 - 10 of 10 Posts