Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know after i put my lift on what tires will fit my stock 17 inch rims. One of the members told me that 35X12.50R17 tires may be too wide for my stock rim. But i cant afford the whole wheel and tire package at once. Will those tires fit and if not what is the biggest tire i can get that will fit my stock 17 off road wheels with a 6" PC lift???

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Stock rims will work, and with the OEM backspacing of 5.5" you will be less likely to have rubbing at the pinch weld. However 7.5" width rims are not recommend by most tire manufactures ... they will state in their specifications for example, 8.5" (9.5") 10.5" meaning they recommend at least an 8.5" rim, and the specs such as tire's width were taken on a 9.5" rim.

People do run the BFG AT KO LT315/70/15 size with the Off Road pkg. rims even with just level kits, (some have to do the pinch weld mod and others don't, some also had to remove or modify mud flaps), and they are 34.5" diameter and 12.0" wide on an 8.5 wide rim. So on the 7.5" rim they would be around 11.6" wide because BFG says to take off 0.2" for every half an inch less of wheel width than the measured spec rim.

So with a PC lift, I would run most 35" tires that are not too much over 11.6" wide once they have been pulled in by the rim, and look at the minimum recommended rim width, with preference going to an 8" or 8.5" minimum over a 9" minimum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts