Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woke up to a note from a neighbor on my 08' Titan CC SWB, turns out the alarm had been going off all night. I had noticed that the horn wouldn't beep lately when I click the remote to lock the truck, also it's randomly locking the doors and sometimes wont start due to the immobilizer being on even though I unlocked the truck.

I think it may be a faulty door latch, but it could be a crazy alarm ECU also

How can I quickly disable this system until I can get it to the dealer to avoid upsetting the neighbors more?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Woke up to a note from a neighbor on my 08' Titan CC SWB, turns out the alarm had been going off all night. I had noticed that the horn wouldn't beep lately when I click the remote to lock the truck, also it's randomly locking the doors and sometimes wont start due to the immobilizer being on even though I unlocked the truck.

I think it may be a faulty door latch, but it could be a crazy alarm ECU also

How can I quickly disable this system until I can get it to the dealer to avoid upsetting the neighbors more?
I'd unhook one end of the battery terminal. Take away the power, so it can't go off ya know?

·
Registered
319 Posts
First thing I would do is check your remote inside for moisture, or pocket fuzz. They can cause the remote to function at random.

Chances are that the horn quit honking when you lock it because it was accidentally put into silent mode by both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons being held for 2 seconds.

If your remote is kept in your pocket, or in a drawer where it can be pinched by ANYTHING, the panic button could be pressed and set your alarm off as well.

Unlocking the door has nothing to do with the immobilizer unless you have an aftermarket alarm. The Immobilzer utilizes a chip in the head of your key that is programmed to your truck. When you turn the key, the truck sends a radio signal to the key, which in turn causes the key to respond. If the truck recognizes the code it gets from the key, the truck starts. If it doesn't recognize it, or it doesn't get one, your truck will crank, but will not start.

Check all of these things out, and if the problem persists, I would remove the fuse for the alarm, and have the dealer check it out.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aye I removed the alarm fuse last night as a quick workaround.

I don't think it is the fob as the alarm went off way out of range of the keyfob the previous night, I know that because of the message left on the truck.

I noticed that opening and closing the passenger side a few times made the difference between it arming and not arming, so my suspisions are there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First thing I would do is check your remote inside for moisture, or pocket fuzz. They can cause the remote to function at random.

Chances are that the horn quit honking when you lock it because it was accidentally put into silent mode by both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons being held for 2 seconds.

If your remote is kept in your pocket, or in a drawer where it can be pinched by ANYTHING, the panic button could be pressed and set your alarm off as well.

Unlocking the door has nothing to do with the immobilizer unless you have an aftermarket alarm. The Immobilzer utilizes a chip in the head of your key that is programmed to your truck. When you turn the key, the truck sends a radio signal to the key, which in turn causes the key to respond. If the truck recognizes the code it gets from the key, the truck starts. If it doesn't recognize it, or it doesn't get one, your truck will crank, but will not start.

Check all of these things out, and if the problem persists, I would remove the fuse for the alarm, and have the dealer check it out.

Good luck!
Where is this fuse located

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone came up with a solution to this? Mine started going off randomly as well with my fob way out of range too..... it’s driving me and my nieghbors crazy help me!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts