Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i finally got to install my avn5500... been waiting to be installed for awhile now. i got the fitment issue taken care of. now my next question is... where do you tap the speed pulse/vehicle speed sensor? :boxing:

·
Registered
691 Posts
first things first get a better camera lol

but seriously i dont have an answer other than i have seen another thread with a similar radio and it fit well try looking around

i want one of those radios/screen too

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... yeah i have an slr canon but... this was taken by my nokia phone cam. i figured it out last night... couldn't go to sleep, so i went back and fixed it! the wires were hitting the bar. so i rearranged the wires and the bracket. it's fixed now. thanks! i love it... when i get home, i'll hook up the back up camera.

·
Registered
205 Posts
there is a white wire behind glove compartment that is to the left towards the radio... it runs parallel with a thick bar....thats the speed pulse wire

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all your help! i got the speed wire behind the cluster. it was straight up and just tap'd it there. it's working fine... my next issue is the backup camera.

they didn't have the bec105 or 106 in stock. so i got a generic "omega" brand back up camera. not bad.. except the avn5500 will not recognize it automatically when you reverse. i connected it right, when i reverse the icon R comes out on the screen but the camera is not kicking in. i have to select the camera manualy on vtr mode. the settings are on auto on the backup camera. unless there's a way to wire this differently. i'm going to return it and get a bec105 or 106. the one the plugs right up to the avn5500.

great help everyone! thankssssss.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts