Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed the truck today when it was about 30-40 in the sun and now(tonight) the backup sensors are staying on solid. Did I freeze something that I shouldn't have? I don't think there is Ice on the sensor, but I can't tell in the dark. Anyone else have problems similar to this? :domo:

·
Super Moderator
162,298 Posts
If they are frozen, that would do it. There have been a few posts that mention this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive had it happen a couple times, usually when its snowing or my truck is dirty. I just get out and rub them with finger and they stop.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Happens after I run mine through a touchless - like the others said you just have to go out and rub them with your fingers, even if they look clean.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
yep same here, snow, ice will do it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If that doesn't work, it could be a bad sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Reach down to the lower left side of the dashboard under the steering wheel and press the button that turns off the sensors until the temperature warms up a dozen degrees or so. It happens to me every time it get lower than 20 degrees and is snowing.

Of course the first time it happens will scare the he!! out of you. You know you looked behind you and that the kids and cat were not there and all of a sudden that damn alarm goes off. I almost had a heart attack the first time.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear, thats what I was hoping had happend, but like you said... just kind of scary.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.