Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Titan, 2WD, 127K miles on it. I recently replaced the front brake pads/rotors. I bought OEM rotors from Nissan dealership and the pads are from Napa. I replaced the hardware as well, all went smooth, no issues and the truck stops great! The issue i do have now is that whenever i hit the brakes there is a click sound when i initially hit the brake. I have found that the reason for this is the brake pads slide up and down in the slots in between the hardware. The pads rest on the lower hardware bracket and once the brake is applied the pad slams up to the top of the hardware bracket, creating the noise. I have taken the pads to NAPA and checked multiple times to ensure they are correct, i have even taken the pads to the dealership to match them up to an original OEM brake pad. They are exactly the same length. there is maybe a few CM of play when you slide the brake pad up and down in the slots. I have taken the truck to a brake shop where they said its not going to hurt anything, however the noise annoys the hell out of me and im confused as to why this noise never happened before i swapped the brake pads. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts